NGD - McCarty 594 Core Purple Mist

Congratulations, that's a gorgeous guitar!!

On some, but not all, tuners tightening or loosening the button screw will help. Haven’t tried that on any 594s of mine, though… tuners have all been fine. John Mann makes locking direct replacements for those tuners, if interested.
As far as I know, these ones unfortunately aren't screwed on, the buttons are molded right onto the stem

Congratulations, that's a gorgeous guitar!!

As far as I know, these ones unfortunately aren't screwed on, the buttons are molded right onto the stem
You’re right, just got my 594 HB II out of the case from rehearsal. There is a small hole that might be for lubrication, and they use that white lithium grease in other tuners (very, very little of it), but I’m unsure what’s in mine. As there is no other adjustment I see, you might want to replace them if it’s bad.

PRS has them, of course, and @John Mann has both standard and locking versions. https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.com/

I’ve registered just to say wow! I love purple abs do regret selling the one Cu24 I had in that colour (which was nowhere near as stunning as this one)
Is this the same GSVBagpuss that had that fancy painted case from back in the day?

Back