NGD: PRS Myles Kennedy

fstrat76

NGD PRS MK in Hunters Green.

50XqfRl.jpg

fXkcqUN.jpg

Looks similar but it really is a different guitar. To me, the feel is actually more like my Music Man Axis.
oamB4Rb.jpg

Part of the family now - core 594 WL Semi-hollow, MK, and core DGT Artist.
3XiNmND.jpg

Thanks all.

My initial impression is that this guitar is a real rock machine, no doubt. I was worried about that after seeing most videos of everyone playing clean and trying to make it sound like and compare it to a Tele. There are a few gain videos but considering MK plays pretty heavy in Alter Bridge it was worth a shot.

A few interesting things to note:

-Positions 2 and 4, the differences between the two are pretty subtle.
-The pull up tone rolloff is also very very subtle.
-If you play with the volume open all the way, you can somewhat get that biting Tele sound.
-What is odd is that there is quite a bit of treble roll-off between Vol 10 and 9. Not sure this is an issue but will wait to hear other owners opinions on this.
-Tone control really has an excellent range.
-The tuning knobs are quite small.
-Changing strings (I took off the 10's and put on NYXL 9's) is extremely fast with this bridge.
-Intonation is very good. Perfect, maybe not.
-The feel of this guitar is nothing like my Tele which is what I hoped. Feels more like my Axis.
-The build quality is top notch. Worth every penny IMO.
-I paid extra for a hard shell case as I prefer them for storage. Ask for at least half off. lol

hella sweet score!! i appreciate your tone report because i was figuring this one would be gain-friendly

Congrats! Someday I hope to join the club and get one in Antique White or Vintage Natural. How is the neck shape compared to your DGT?

-What is odd is that there is quite a bit of treble roll-off between Vol 10 and 9. Not sure this is an issue but will wait to hear other owners opinions on this.
I notice this on most of my PRS guitars. I actually like it because it gives me quick & easy access to another sound. A small adjustment can really change both the gain and tone. I see you have an FM9. That's my main rig and I use the Marshall models most often, which react very noticeably to that small volume knob change.

Congrats! Someday I hope to join the club and get one in Antique White or Vintage Natural. How is the neck shape compared to your DGT?

I notice this on most of my PRS guitars. I actually like it because it gives me quick & easy access to another sound. A small adjustment can really change both the gain and tone. I see you have an FM9. That's my main rig and I use the Marshall models most often, which react very noticeably to that small volume knob change.

The DGT neck is a super comfortable neck for me. I can generally play any neck shape but I’ll admit this MK does take a few minutes of adjustment. I didn’t measure, but it seems thicker at the top than my 50s CS Tele, almost a soft V-shape up top and slimmer at the higher notes. Its a fast feeling neck imo.

Orange Rockerverb is my main FM9 amp model but I dialed up some others like the BE, 5150, JCM, etc. All sound great to me.

Reactions: TFC
Thanks all.

My initial impression is that this guitar is a real rock machine, no doubt. I was worried about that after seeing most videos of everyone playing clean and trying to make it sound like and compare it to a Tele. There are a few gain videos but considering MK plays pretty heavy in Alter Bridge it was worth a shot.

A few interesting things to note:

-Positions 2 and 4, the differences between the two are pretty subtle.
-The pull up tone rolloff is also very very subtle.
-If you play with the volume open all the way, you can somewhat get that biting Tele sound.
-Tone control really has an excellent range.
-The tuning knobs are quite small.
-Changing strings (I took off the 10's and put on NYXL 9's) is extremely fast with this bridge.
-Intonation is very good. Perfect, maybe not.
-The feel of this guitar is nothing like my Tele which is what I hoped. Feels more like my Axis.
-The build quality is top notch. Worth every penny IMO.
-I paid extra for a hard shell case as I prefer them for storage. Ask for at least half off. lol
How much extra was the hard case? Great looking collection you have there!

Back