NGD Incoming|PRS Custom 24 Floyd Wood Library Satin Jade Smokeburst| My first Wood Library!

Neal Brakey

Been on the lookout for a Modern Metal machine, and I happened across this beauty on Reverb. Has everything I need along with some great versatility when I need it.

It's unfortunate I've not heard much about the \m/ Metal pickups, what's your personal experience with them? This will be my first time with them.

Can't wait till it gets delivered!

Specs:
Year: 2022
Korina Body
Flame Maple Neck
Flame Maple Fretboard
Flame Maple 10 Top in Jade Smokeburst
PRS \m/ (Metal) pickups
Original Floyd Rose Double Locking Tremolo
PRS Phase 3 Locking Turners

(Link To The Imgur gallery just in case the images don't come through.)

Congrats and killer! The \m/ are pretty high regarded around here. Others will chime in..

Been on the lookout for a Modern Metal machine, and I happened across this beauty on Reverb. Has everything I need along with some great versatility when I need it.

It's unfortunate I've not heard much about the \m/ Metal pickups, what's your personal experience with them? This will be my first time with them.

Can't wait till it gets delivered!

Specs:
Year: 2022
Korina Body
Flame Maple Neck
Flame Maple Fretboard
Flame Maple 10 Top in Jade Smokeburst
PRS \m/ (Metal) pickups
Original Floyd Rose Double Locking Tremolo
PRS Phase 3 Locking Turners

(Link To The Imgur gallery just in case the images don't come through.)
Nice

A287-DA2-D-E307-4-CCD-BDA5-91220-A0-B200-F.webp
Great score, it looks like the sibling to my wood library in teal black with pretty much all the same specs as yours but born in 2023. I have a custom 24 Piezo alongside my floyd. The pickups are just a little hotter than 8515 with slightly less mids and a little more bass. But they’re not just metal pickups. If I roll the volume down to 8/9 and tone down to 7 I get all the clean tones I want and I find the combo of maple fretboard and metal pickups generate a quackier single coil sound than the 8515 which I love. I sometimes wish the neck pickup was lower output than the bridge (they’re matched like all PRS pickups except the tremonti set) because I prefer a more vintage neck sound paired with a modern bridge but I definitely prefer them to the 8515s because they’re a fuller sounding pickup set. They’re just a little bright and high output for the traditional clean sound I go for but the knobs on my guitar or amp sort that out quickly since they’re not extreme pickups.

A287-DA2-D-E307-4-CCD-BDA5-91220-A0-B200-F.webp
Great score, it looks like the sibling to my wood library in teal black with pretty much all the same specs as yours but born in 2023. I have a custom 24 Piezo alongside my floyd. The pickups are just a little hotter than 8515 with slightly less mids and a little more bass. But they’re not just metal pickups. If I roll the volume down to 8/9 and tone down to 7 I get all the clean tones I want and I find the combo of maple fretboard and metal pickups generate a quackier single coil sound than the 8515 which I love. I sometimes wish the neck pickup was lower output than the bridge (they’re matched like all PRS pickups except the tremonti set) because I prefer a more vintage neck sound paired with a modern bridge but I definitely prefer them to the 8515s because they’re a fuller sounding pickup set. They’re just a little bright and high output for the traditional clean sound I go for but the knobs on my guitar or amp sort that out quickly since they’re not extreme pickups.
Awesome piece you have there.

Really appreciate all the info and detail you went into about these.

Definitely can't wait to get it now!

Flame maple fretboard looks so sick.
PRS needs more of this. Especially roasted versions

Back