NGD: Wood Library Custom 24 Floyd

Thanks for all the positive comments! I’ve been playing 20+ years. I’m humbled every time I walk into my home studio and remember 15 year old me practicing until the strings turned red.

I own a PRS Core Tremonti, Custom 24 Piezo and now this Wood Library. I also own a semihollow and seven string SE. If anyone is wondering if Wood Library is worth it the way I was wondering…yes, it’s worth it. The fit and finish (satin neck, birds), having exotic woods (korina body, maple neck/fretboard) and even the tone is a notch above the Core USA line. All my PRS guitars sing (especially the USA models) but this thing just has harmonic overtones on every note that react to every nuance of my touch. The easiest way I can describe it is the transparency I’ve become accustomed to on high end instruments is amplified on the wood library.

The metal pickups are awesome and much more versatile than I would’ve thought. The output is not as high as say the tremonti humbucker so you can get some nice crunch tones. The output is much hotter than the 8515. It sounds like a more hard rock/metal leaning all rounder pickup than the tremonti which is pure high gain. The Floyd rose stays in tune like a champ and I can pull things off on it I can’t do even on the uprouted trem of the Tremonti.

the wood library feels like it’s that little extra magic. You wouldn’t hear the difference in a recording/mix though. Honestly, any instrument past the 1.5-2k range is more about feel and preference than anything else. I wanted to put my thoughts out there because I know I’ve browsed this forum plenty of times wondering about such things so I hope someone finds this useful.

Last edited:
Back