Parallel Axis Distortion + Blues Saraceno on my PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd

yfaney

Just upgraded the pickups on my PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd from PRS 85/15 "S" pickups to Seymour Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion + Blues Saraceno.

I know that Blues Saraceno pickup is originally designed for the bridge position, but I installed it on the neck position because:

1. It was really hard for me to get PA-TB1N available in stock anywhere which was the only one neck pickup branded as Parallel Axis.
2. Blues Saraceno is a medium output pickup so I thought it would be a good fit on the neck position as well while I put Parallel Axis Distortion on the bridge position which is a high output pickup.
3. The DCR(9k) of TB3B is really similar to TB1N(8k)
4. My PRS sounds a lot mid-boosted while Blues Saraceno cuts mid range down compared to bass and treble so it would balance my PRS out

And here is the result:

Not sure how others would hear it but to me, I think it works great on the neck position as well!

The tone setting on my Headrush Prime is the same but the new pickups sound more powerful!

Still, I loved my 85/15 "S" pickup sounds for its warm tone. Just I wanted more METAL sound.

Anyway, I would like to say that your SEs have the potential to be changed for your needs!

Back