NGD... (for DTR???)

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
I'm guessing you're in the Cincinnati area - funny, I almost offered you that Mira for the Cutlass, but got offered a 65Amps Lil Whiskey in trade for it first...it's a nice Mira. I just recently got 2 and then realized why I never had 2 of the same guitar before, because I ended up playing the one I had first all the time. Guy offered me the 65 and then I noticed the Mira back on Craigslist the next day - as a serial flipper myself, I understand. I had intended to flip the 65 myself, but it sounds too dang good not to keep around for a while.

I'm guessing you're in the Cincinnati area - funny, I almost offered you that Mira for the Cutlass, but got offered a 65Amps Lil Whiskey in trade for it first...it's a nice Mira. I just recently got 2 and then realized why I never had 2 of the same guitar before, because I ended up playing the one I had first all the time. Guy offered me the 65 and then I noticed the Mira back on Craigslist the next day - as a serial flipper myself, I understand. I had intended to flip the 65 myself, but it sounds too dang good not to keep around for a while.

Yeah, and I didn’t even ask how long he had it, but he told me he got it on Craigs List and that he flipped a lot of guitars. He jumped on the Cutlass trade pretty quick because he said he has an HSS model and loves it so he wanted a 3 single coil version and one maple fingerboard.

Yeah, and I didn’t even ask how long he had it, but he told me he got it on Craigs List and that he flipped a lot of guitars. He jumped on the Cutlass trade pretty quick because he said he has an HSS model and loves it so he wanted a 3 single coil version and one maple fingerboard.

I'm happy to see that Mira go to someone that will appreciate it :). It's a really nice guitar. The reason I chose that one to trade was because it was so clean and my green one is somewhat banged up - figured it'd be easier to flip the super clean one.

Yes I do. And that is funny. I would have traded you! Sounds like you made a cool trade though.

Wow, congrats, beautiful acquisition!!!

(Must be nice to be able to grab guitars off CL...) ;)
Thanks Doug. And, Craigs List is at best a mixed bag around here. Seems that unless you price stuff low, nicer stuff is hard to sell. I realize that listing something at TGP means you have the whole country looking, but this is a major city area with 3-4 other majors within 2 hours (Dayton, Columbus,Lexington and Louisville). Sometimes when you want to avoid shipping something big, you can list it for weeks here with nothing but trade offers. Finally list it at TGP and easily sell it at a higher price, you just have the hassle of shipping.

TQoR0xL.jpg

Anyone with an ATMA want to tell the others why there's always a polishing clothe in front of the amps lamp? o_O

Thanks Doug. And, Craigs List is at best a mixed bag around here. Seems that unless you price stuff low, nicer stuff is hard to sell. I realize that listing something at TGP means you have the whole country looking, but this is a major city area with 3-4 other majors within 2 hours (Dayton, Columbus,Lexington and Louisville). Sometimes when you want to avoid shipping something big, you can list it for weeks here with nothing but trade offers. Finally list it at TGP and easily sell it at a higher price, you just have the hassle of shipping.

Yup, that’s the local Craigslist around here. I generally only do my listings locally as trade - don’t even put a cash price because I almost never get cash - or if I do, it’s a “what’s your lowest price” or I’ll have something listed for $800 and get the “I’ Give you $400 cash money today” offers. Yeah, I bet you will...lol. I always love how the lowballers must include “cash money”, like I’d accept store credit to Home Depot or something...but I have decent luck with trades :).

Yup, that’s the local Craigslist around here. I generally only do my listings locally as trade - don’t even put a cash price because I almost never get cash - or if I do, it’s a “what’s your lowest price” or I’ll have something listed for $800 and get the “I’ Give you $400 cash money today” offers. Yeah, I bet you will...lol. I always love how the lowballers must include “cash money”, like I’d accept store credit to Home Depot or something...but I have decent luck with trades :).
I've had good luck with trades, and have sold a few things for fair prices that I didn't want to ship (like 1x12 guitar cabs). Bought 3-4 used Mesa amps all at good deals. GAVE away my 2 Channel H when I needed cash quick for the Custom 50. But yeah, list an amp or guitar for near $1000 or more and all you get is trade offers or lowball offers, most of the time.

And, just be glad they offered "cash money" instead of "cash on the barrel head" because if you're like me, you don't even have a barrel.

I wasn't going to say this initially, but I had already dropped the word at two PRS dealers near me, to call me as soon as they got one of the newSE Mira's in the store. I was thinking I might go that route if I liked it enough. Just get one of those and do a few upgrades. Now, I'm set. Only thing I might think about later is an adjustable tailpiece. So far I really like the pickups, but I'll have a much better feel for them after a few weeks of rolling through amps and models of amps.

I wasn't going to say this initially, but I had already dropped the word at two PRS dealers near me, to call me as soon as they got one of the newSE Mira's in the store. I was thinking I might go that route if I liked it enough. Just get one of those and do a few upgrades. Now, I'm set. Only thing I might think about later is an adjustable tailpiece. So far I really like the pickups, but I'll have a much better feel for them after a few weeks of rolling through amps and models of amps.

Is there anyone around this area besides Guitar Center and Sam Ash that has PRS? I'm down in Florence, and GC down here only has 1 CE and 1 S2 outside of the SE line, and while GC at Tri-County used to have a bunch they don't have much any more...curious if I'm missing anyone - other than driving down to Wilcutt's in Lexington.

Its hard to go there when clean S2s are the same price and core just a little more, just now anyway

Is there anyone around this area besides Guitar Center and Sam Ash that has PRS? I'm down in Florence, and GC down here only has 1 CE and 1 S2 outside of the SE line, and while GC at Tri-County used to have a bunch they don't have much any more...curious if I'm missing anyone - other than driving down to Wilcutt's in Lexington.

GC doesn’t seem to have as many as they used too, but they don’t always have them all out. Centerville Music in Dayton is a PRS dealer. I got my Custom 24 there. They don’t have many either. I hate to say it, but the closest dealer to us with a LOT of PRS guitars is Willcutt.

Its hard to go there when clean S2s are the same price and core just a little more, just now anyway

I hear you. I considered that, especially since some S2 Single Cuts are available used, but I was going to at least give the new SE a shot before deciding.
Cuz it’s bright as fawk and pulses!
EXACTLY! It’s annoying if you sit in front of the amp, even from 10 feet away. The louder you play, the brighter the light is and it pulses to the signal output. That may have seemed like a cool idea while designing the amp, but it’s annoying to have that thing flashing in your eyes when you face the amp. I guess when gigging and it being behind you, it might be cool, or tolerable. When facing the amp, it’s so annoying I’ve actually googled how to disable it.

Sorry, I should've clarified: Being in Delaware / Maryland / Virginia (DELMARVA) there's a lot, but as a lefty I got so used to either seeing all MIM Strats, or the occasional 5 y/o Custom 24 for $100 less than new, so I stopped looking.

I wouldn't go SE new mira myself right now.

S2 is made in USA, and the S2 Mira body is the same as the core, only the tuners (still good) are different, and its 22 v 24 frets. They are very close to each other.

Back