Number 7 is a 7 (String)

Some would say that I still don’t know how to play guitar regardless of being 6 or 7 strings. However, I’ve always loved 7 string guitars and hopefully I can learn to play it better this time around.

And the only way to learn to play it better is to have one. If I had a 7 string laying around, I am sure I would get better with it pretty quickly. Sort of like the first time I played a 5 string bass and now I feel weird if I pick up a 4 string bass these days. Where the hell are all of my note options?!?!?!

I tried to play a 7 string once, and I felt like I didn't know how to play guitar any longer. lol
Playing 7s and 8s is a bit weird at first (unless you are lucky and grok it immediately). It can seem a bit awkward that you've got this extra string that you occasionally remember you can chug/djent with, but otherwise ignore and it just gets in the way.

But for me at least, eventually I suddenly locked into what I need to do and why, and now I'm generally OK.

I do find that my hands/brain track better on a 7 or 8 stringer that has the same string spacing of the 6 stringers I usually play. PRS 7 stringers are a smidge narrower, but there are some brands out there that are quite a bit narrower. And at least one other brand out there that has pretty well exactly the same string spacing as your typical PRS, which I really appreciate.

Looks great! Quick question, since you had the older (Alpha/Omega version) before, how would you compare it to the new one? :D

Looks great! Quick question, since you had the older (Alpha/Omega version) before, how would you compare it to the new one? :D
The pickups on the new one is not as ‘harsh’ on the ears than the Alpha/Omega set. The new set can definitely do the hard rock/metal thing but I think they are very versatile for other genres of music also.

Back