NGD Custom 22

chicagoslim

Since I've really been impressed by my S2 Custom 22's, I decided to look for a core model. My favorite shop, still had over half a dozen on hand. So, I sat down and compared them. This is the one (2019 model), that I choose. And my collection grows. I still can't believe that they discontinued the Custom 22's.

Store photo.

Last edited:
Ah man that's a winner!! What other than how great it looks made you choose this one over the other ones I'm assuming you got to play through?

Ah man that's a winner!! What other than how great it looks made you choose this one over the other ones I'm assuming you got to play through?

They had one in the same color, with a prettier top, but it was half a pound heavier. They also had higher grade wood (and more expensive) models. I liked a Blue Wrap, 10 top, but it didn't play as well as the lower priced Customs. It might have been better with a neck adjustment. But, it also had a mixture of Nickle, Brass and Gold hardware. I kind of like the plain looking guitars. If you can call any PRS, plain looking.

I realize that I've got the better version of the 85/15 pickups in the core model, compared to my S2 CU 22's. But the 5-way switch, with a normal, non-push/pull tone Pot, is the best sounding arrangement. I did manage to get 3 Custom 22's, that play the same, and each has it's own sound.

They had one in the same color, with a prettier top, but it was half a pound heavier. They also had higher grade wood (and more expensive) models. I liked a Blue Wrap, 10 top, but it didn't play as well as the lower priced Customs. It might have been better with a neck adjustment. But, it also had a mixture of Nickle, Brass and Gold hardware. I kind of like the plain looking guitars. If you can call any PRS, plain looking.

I realize that I've got the better version of the 85/15 pickups in the core model, compared to my S2 CU 22's. But the 5-way switch, with a normal, non-push/pull tone Pot, is the best sounding arrangement. I did manage to get 3 Custom 22's, that play the same, and each has it's own sound.
That's awesome, our local dealer usually only has a couple core models in hand but not multiples of one model, that would be a great time to go down and pick the one that speaks to you most. Congrats man that's awesome!

Back