New vs used PRS guitars

My first 2 PRSi were new: 2016 S2 Standard 24 Satin (McCarty burst) and 2018 SE 245. My recent purchase was a 2001 McCarty Standard off reverb for a great negotiated price. I look for new or used.

I have bought both new and used PRS guitars. I have never been dissatisfied with any of them. I have noticed the used market offers guitars in fantastic shape at very good prices. I realize this should be obvious, but I feel that, as the OP mentioned, PRS guitars seems to offer an almost uniquely good used market for their guitars.

I know that at 71 yrs of age, my guitars will go sooner than later. Of the others, I've kinda set a price for them as demand requires. Of my single PRS McCarty, I've told her, and my son, do not take a penny less than what you paid for it. It fits the initial description to a tee. "But it's used", don't matter the others are used and can go as used. You will get your money back on a pristine PRS. Just stand firm and if they want it, they will find the change in their pockets.

Back