new to us bike

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Wife and I scored an HD ultra classic today. We got a killer deal on it and couldn't pass it up! I will post some pics later. Goodbye sport bikes hello comfort!

I thought for sure I wanted a Victory Cross Country Tour, but now I'm seriously stuck debating between the CCT or an Ultra Limited... Plenty of pros and cons for each

As a Victory owner and past owner of a couple Harley's I can tell you the engines in the Victorys smoke the Harley's, at least stock anyways. Stage one kit and pipes and I am pushing right around a hundred horsepower; would take a tall stack of hundreds to do that with a Harley.

Where the Harley's win is looks and sound, you cannot fake that Harley rumble. And that Ultra Classic that Gush got is a sweeeet ride. Cushy AND a stereo.....WIN.

Sorry guys I will get pics soon. I think victory engine trans is much better than HD. I was sure we would end up on goldwing but we stumbled on this machine mint condition with a ton of extras. Sale was result of DUI and the guy needed cash so badly that he took a personal check, yikes.

It still has the 88cid so its pretty soft on top but we are getting our feet wet in the LT arena and will trade for something newer if we like it.

Engine is bone stock except for loud pipes which were replaced with stockers yesterday.

My son and I are going to Dubuque sat to the traveling titanic museum. We will take the HD. Might even go to Wisconsin and spend the night. Wife and I have trip to Kentucky planned for 4th of July. Can't wait!

As a Victory owner and past owner of a couple Harley's I can tell you the engines in the Victorys smoke the Harley's, at least stock anyways. Stage one kit and pipes and I am pushing right around a hundred horsepower; would take a tall stack of hundreds to do that with a Harley.

Where the Harley's win is looks and sound, you cannot fake that Harley rumble. And that Ultra Classic that Gush got is a sweeeet ride. Cushy AND a stereo.....WIN.

Well here's my reasoning for the debate now.

The Victory is cheaper, handles better (at least I thought), I can take the tour pack off if I want and just ride cruiser style, it's got heated seats and grips (which the seats need to be replaced anyway). Since it's cheaper, I'll have the extra money to put in to the bike and still have money left over to buy another PRS or 2, lol. What I dont like, and it's a really big con, is how clunky the transmission is, and no one has an aftermarket fix for it yet. I'd have to mount a GPS somewhere, and replace the bars to something with more of a Harley grip angle (I noticed on my test ride my wrist started acting up making twisting the throttle painful). The 2nd biggest gripe I have is my absolute hatred of blue backlit gauges, blue drives me batcrap crazy when it's staring me in the face at night. That being said, even dumping money in to the Victory to get the things

That being said, the Ultra does have a killer stereo, comms, bluetooth, GPS all built in. It's got a nicer grip angle, the seats are nicer from the factory (but aren't heated), the bar controls are laid out nicer. I don't know how many times I hit the horn button on the Victory while trying to cancel the turn signals. I also like how the passenger backrest wraps around more. Biggest gripe is, it costs nearly $6000 more than the CCT, but it does come with better seats, better gauges, better stereo, LED headlights, a MUCH better transmission, and even saddle bag luggage... but is it worth $6000, lol.

Regardless of what I decide to go with, it'll be loads better than my current M90 Boulevard... It's a fun bike, was a blast on the Tail of the Dragon, but boy did it hurt getting it there and back home again, lol. I think either way I'm gonna have a blast this summer taking a tour of the west on a new comfortable motorcycle :)

I worked for Harley Davidsin for 15 years they have made strides in there bikes but I can tell you the victory has more technology in the front end then anything Harley can come up with.Dont get me wrong I rode Harley's for thirty years I've seen every imaginable change they have made.As far as all the extras I can guarantee you gps radio and all the other do dads will give you trouble down the road that's why I ride a Ducati.just my opinion,there's is nothing wrong with Harley there just a little slow in the technology department in any case enjoy your bike please be safe and to each his own

Mezzio, I like to think oif the Victory Tranny clunk as solid and precise, never a doubt if it is in gear :)

And dont get me going on how EASY it is on a Victory to find neutral whether going up from first or down to it rolling to a stop from second gear ....try that in a hurry on a HD :) Used to be emabrrassing bangin away on the shift lever at a light trying to get my Road King into nuetral.

Wedge you are absolutely right about the clunk trying to find neutral .As for me Iam getting to old for a superbike reflexes not as sharp so I decided on a Ducati Diavel will post pictures when I get it and to all my riding brothers please be safe.

I went to one of those Victory test ride events and rode every Victory they had except for a touring model and I was genuinely UNimpressed. To me they all looked like plastic toys and sounded like Singer sewing machines. None of them had any power except for the bagger with the apehangers which had a little power to it. They all had the same engine so I didn't bother with the touring model. Especially since the touring model has a massive amount of wasted space under the body contours.

More power to ya if you've got one that isn't a dud, and good luck finding parts and service if you are ever out in the boonies.

OK, Just so vchizzle doesn't think I'm sporting a 1987 suzuki. We went from these.

To this

Suzuki RF900 with corbin and GIVI cases and Kawasaki ZX9R to an HD Ultra Classic. Big change and I'm looking forward to the comfortable touring this summer !!!!!!!!

Back