New Silver Sky Horizon Red Owner

I have owned many Strats in my life from vintage early 60's to the new ones. The first thing I tell other guitar guys is the New Mexican made Strats are the best Strats ever made.
They out play my 63 Strat without a doubt. Right now my better Strats has two Humbucker and came from the Mod shop. But dollar for dollar the players series are just as good if not better.

This brings me to the Silver Sky. I hate signature guitars in my opinion there is no need for it, It is just a way to bring buyers in. I just cant wrap my head around well if this famous guy plays it must be good. For me signature guitars are a lemming type of thing. I do own some but from the stand point of some feature I wanted to try like the scalloped neck on my Ritchie Blackmore strat. Now with all that bluster out of the way.

I found a used Silver Sky at a good price I bought it because I wanted to see what a PRS Strat would be like. Mine is green I do not know the year I think it may be a 2020?
I set up the guitar to my liking. Then sat down to play it. My first impressions were and are this is what a Strat should have been since 1957. If anyone wants just one strat style guitar in their collection this is the one hands down.

These are strictly MY opinions this is my disclaimer everyone else's results on everything I said will and does vary from player to player so no need to start a fight here, just saying.
I couldn’t agree with you more. The Silver Sky I like more than the 54, 57, and 62 old Strats I had. It just has that unexplainable mojo… same for my Wood Library DGT….. and you can ply leads on the bridge pickup that sound just right

I have owned many Strats in my life from vintage early 60's to the new ones. The first thing I tell other guitar guys is the New Mexican made Strats are the best Strats ever made.

Just to be clear, you mean the new, made-in-Mexico strats, not made-in-New-Mexico strats (which I don't think are a thing, but just making clear - the capitalization of New is throwing me, there).

Sorry, I will clarify I was referring to brand new fender guitars made in the country of Mexico. I referenced the Strat because it most identifies with the Silver Sky. I have telecasters and jazz masters and jaguar made there and they are great guitars as well. IMO they do a fantastic job on these "import" guitars.
Just to be clear, you mean the new, made-in-Mexico strats, not made-in-New-Mexico strats (which I don't think are a thing, but just making clear - the capitalization of New is throwing me, there).

There is no Fender Plant here in New Mexico….:oops::p…(I know what you meant)
. If there was, every guitar would come with a bag of green chiles:p

Back