New SE Schizoid and SE Santana Singelcut Trem announced!

Johnny Rigs

"Hold on to your butts" - Samuel L Jackson
https://www.prsguitars.com/blog/post/meet_the_three_new_2019_se_signature_models

Guess the SE Paul's guitar is getting some company this year..

The SE Santana Singlecut Trem comes in Egyptian Gold and features TCI "S" pickups.

se_santana_singlecut_trem_straight.png

se_schizoid_2019_straight.png

So finally a return to a 24 fret single cut!

I wonder how it will compare to the Akerfeldt of yesteryear, which had an ebony FB, maple neck, and obviously (?) very different pickups? Different scale length too...

Nice. I watched this interview with Paul this morning, since I didn't get a chance to over the weekend. In it he mentions "the new Santana model", and that he's been working late at night playing with different brands of capacitors. That screams new amp model, to me.

Hello,

I have my order in for one of these, I look forward to receiving it. Please, some questions:

Since it is limited to app. 1,000, will they be numbered?
Gig bag included?
When do they hit the streets?

If anyone knows the answers to any of the above, it would be greatly appreciated.

I love my PRS S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow & can't wait to add the Schizoid to my Guitar Collection.

PEACE!

I haven't had any G.A.S. for over a year, and downsized my collection recently. All was well until.....that Santana SE in Egyptian Gold!!! I confess to having a total weakness to gold guitars and the crisp squared-off outlines of this guitar also appeal for some reason. Now, I wonder how long I can resist!!

Hmm... no sign of Santana Egyptian Gold SE. NAMM announcement was a bit previous it would seem...:(

Yes, pretty well all retailers put one up on their site with stock photos after NAMM. But expected dates have been back on a regular basis and I see that today Andertons have put July. I'm not optimistic about that even. Ah well. :rolleyes:

Yes, pretty well all retailers put one up on their site with stock photos after NAMM. But expected dates have been back on a regular basis and I see that today Andertons have put July. I'm not optimistic about that even. Ah well. :rolleyes:

Also, Anderton's won't ship an SE to the US if it has any rosewood on it. CITIES and all that. I tried.

Back