New SE Custom 24 Floyd question...

Darksoul_Rising

Just bought a new SE Custom 24 Floyd Rose and I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to figure out if this guitar has the vintage bass/treble or 85/15 pickups.

According to the serial number which begins with "Q" this would be a 2016 model with the vintage pickups according to the PRS site. I am also being told that if it has the Paul Reed Smith signature on the headstock which it does,that would make it a 2017 model with the 85/15 pickups. The color is also "vintage burst" which I do not see listed as a 2016 color option.

Can anyone tell me for sure what pickups I have here?

IMG_20170319_072704135_zpsaxhzteyy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can't seem to post pictures here. Maybe because I'm a new member.

IMG_20170319_072704135_zpsaxhzteyy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can't seem to post pictures here. Maybe because I'm a new member.

You need to host them from a photo sharing site like Flikr or Photobucket. Once you upload you pics to said site, you can use the image button on the tool bar, or simply copy/paste the pic.

As with cars, 2017 models hit the streets before it's actually 2017. Besides, the Q year identifier means the year it was made, not the model year. I'd say you have a 2017 model, with the 85/15s pickups. Mostly based on the PRS signature logo on the headstock.

Congrats on your guitar, and welcome to the Forum.

Hi,

Can you tell me the difference between the 85/15 and the 85/15 S pickups? I know the latter is for the SE series but what are the real differences soundwise?

Back