New S2 Studio!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Frost Green metallic with mint pickguard is calling my name. Got one of my existing guitars from the small stable for sale and I will most likely pick one up the studio from Graham at Brian’s Guitars.

All these limited edition releases are getting ridiculous, starting to feel a bit anti end consumer, things like this should go into normal production.
These are bad times to be making anything. manufacturers will tell you that making a lot of a product before you know how it sells is a recipe for disaster. This way, they get to test the waters. If the guitar is a runaway hit, then it'll be in the regular production line fast. Limited production has always been done this way for this reason, and I'm talking every limited production model that doesn't have limited sourced materials. We're not talking just guitars, we're talking all limited production. I think the pricing on this model is fair, and in line with everything else PRS makes. I own a beautiful EG II, which was an early 3 single coil offshoot. They lost money on them. If they followed your idea, then they might have lost the company by now. Every guitar can't be a hit.

Last edited:
If I could get hold of another D-type pickup, I'd be tempted to modify my Vela Reclaimed to have this configuration...

I would LOVE to have one of these, as the variety of tones would work well with my band. However, the pattern regular carve is just not enough wood in my hand (all jokes aside haha). That's why the awesome guitar in my avatar no longer resides here. Looks can take a guitar so far, but it's got to be user friendly for the owner. :(

This year I decided to sell my vintage Tele and find a single coil or P90 guitar I love to play. I already love my Custom 24 core with 57/08 and 59/09 pickups, and need a good backup. But I need to hold it, play it, and see if it says "this is the one". So the S2 Studio is out unless some stores got demos?

Anyone remember the PRS S2 Studio? Did anyone ever receive theirs? I thought they were supposed to be in dealers' stores by the end of February... Seems like it's gotten kinda overshadowed by the SS, MT15, ???

I'd try and occupy your mind with something else for a while and start thinking about it again in June.

Anyone remember the PRS S2 Studio? Did anyone ever receive theirs? I thought they were supposed to be in dealers' stores by the end of February... Seems like it's gotten kinda overshadowed by the SS, MT15, ???
:( Keep on at your dealer!

I’m sure that they’re coming. I’m “pretty sure” that they’re going to be coming slower than expected due to a certain new model that was introduced recently. But this one still has me really interested. I think this was a sure thing hit. Hope it didn’t come along at the wrong time...

Back