Low E sliding off fretboard.

Yeah, that is big time annoying. Looking at the picture I'd say the nut it is at the very least partially to blame. The nutslot for the low E string seems to be incorrectly cut.

I'd say: go to the store you got it from and have this fixed under warranty. Have seen similar issues with imported guitars, but not with an S2.

Yeah, that is big time annoying. Looking at the picture I'd say the nut it is at the very least partially to blame. The nutslot for the low E string seems to be incorrectly cut.

I'd say: go to the store you got it from and have this fixed under warranty. Have seen similar issues with imported guitars, but not with an S2.
Sometimes, you’ll find that with a bolt on neck, and it can be fixed by loosening the neck bolts and shifting the neck in the opposite direction. But with that guitar, it should probably go back to the seller.

Sometimes, you’ll find that with a bolt on neck, and it can be fixed by loosening the neck bolts and shifting the neck in the opposite direction. But with that guitar, it should probably go back to the seller.
True, if the neck is mis aligned. First thing I check with guitars, especially set necks. Neck through and bot ons are either usually OK or can be corrected as you said.

But in this case I'd say the nut is at least a factor. The nutslot for the low E seems closer to the edge of the FB than the high E and that is inconsistent with how my PRSi nutslots are cut.

True, if the neck is mis aligned. First thing I check with guitars, especially set necks. Neck through and bot ons are either usually OK or can be corrected as you said.

But in this case I'd say the nut is at least a factor. The nutslot for the low E seems closer to the edge of the FB than the high E and that is inconsistent with how my PRSi nutslots are cut.

Do you have a photo of what it should look like?

Or anyone else out there?

I emailed prs.

The store only had a 10 day return policy and I’m at 13 days

I'd say this is a defect and should be a warranty issue. Regardless of the return policy.

The space on the bass side and treble side between string and fretboard edge should be the same. I cannot upload pics, maybe someone else can help out?

Here is mine, if it helps. The low E is close to the edge, but your nut looks like the spacing might be wrong

50330057263_f23b769e26_o.jpg

Thanks for all the responses. A update for anyone who cares: Called PRS and sent them photos. Shipping the guitar to them for warranty work. Estimated to be about 2-3 weeks they said. They provided label and quick responses bummer I won’t have it but they are standing behind their product which is good.

Here is mine, if it helps. The low E is close to the edge, but your nut looks like the spacing might be wrong

50330057263_f23b769e26_o.jpg
That doesn't look any different (to me at least) than the OP's guitar. Its right on the edge of the fret, before it slopes away. Mine are inboard a tad more.

Maybe it's a different slope of the fret ends? I don't have any trouble with my string falling off the edge

Unfortunately still waiting! 3 weeks now and a tech hasn’t gotten to it yet.

I found some other stores selling the same model and compared photos. Seems like it may also be the slope of the bevel in addition to the nut.

Mine: https://ibb.co/FJr76DX
Another seller: https://ibb.co/0Dh13Fc

Not going to lie, bought a prs because I’ve heard the qc is next level, pretty disappointing.

Sorry you're having this issue - slot is definitely too close to the edge IMO. Odd as I assume they would use a template for spacing.

Got the 2 week old guitar back in exactly 1 month.

It’s plays a better now for sure. But the spacing still seems off especially when compared to my other guitars and other listings I see of the same guitar.

Thoughts?

Got the 2 week old guitar back in exactly 1 month.

It’s plays a better now for sure. But the spacing still seems off especially when compared to my other guitars and other listings I see of the same guitar.

Thoughts?

I would call this within spec, the sixth string is thicker than the first, and they are aligned on the center of the string.

I would call this within spec, the sixth string is thicker than the first, and they are aligned on the center of the string.
Thanks for taking a look! Much appreciated. Been playing for about 90 min now and the E did slip a couple times.

Space to the edge is much less than my other guitars so maybe I need to tighten up my playing if I want to keep this lol Never happens with my others.

If you don’t have that issue when you play other guitars and you’re not happy I would return it.

Unfortunately I’m out of the return window for the guitar store I purchased from. Hopefully prs will make it right somehow.

Unfortunately I’m out of the return window for the guitar store I purchased from. Hopefully prs will make it right somehow.
Here is a pic of your model guitar from PRS website. The nut appears to be cut the same as your last pic after they made adjustments. Not sure why the low E string appears to be closer to the end of the nut than the high E string, but it appears to be normal for that guitar. Did you measure the distance from the edge of each E string to the end of the fretboard? I am curious if the string spacing is the same. If they are different maybe you can give that information to PRS.
Hope you get it sorted out thttps://photos.app.goo.gl/UFrAsLyMdvWWSGsE8

Last edited:
Back