Low E sliding off fretboard.

I ordered a 10th anniversary S2 through my local GC, and it arrived with the nut being off unnervingly. I contacted PRS and sent photos They agreed and I had them do a replacement with Bone :cool:. I find it a bit difficult to see this come through quality control. They also charged me for the Bone Nut upgrade. $50,
I guess I cannot complain as I am considering selling off a couple of guitars being this S2 10th anniversary sounds like HEAVEN!

Maybe use a mini protractor to measure the fret end angles on both sides of the neck. I would think the more info you have before contacting PRS the better.

Last edited:
I ordered a 10th anniversary S2 through my local GC, and it arrived with the nut being off unnervingly. I contacted PRS and sent photos They agreed and I had them do a replacement with Bone :cool:. I find it a bit difficult to see this come through quality control. They also charged me for the Bone Nut upgrade. $50,
I guess I cannot complain as I am considering selling off a couple of guitars being this S2 10th anniversary sounds like HEAVEN!
Wow! that is wild! 😧 I agree , I really love the sound of mine too! if I could just get the playability up to par, I’ll be very happy.

Its not the nut,its the fretends.Not enough real estate as David Grissom says.
I think you are right for sure. Originally it was both and the new nut helped but still an issue with the fret ends.

What can they do to fix that? Would it need new frets?

Do you have a photo of what it should look like?

Or anyone else out there?

I emailed prs.

The store only had a 10 day return policy and I’m at 13 days
I Would Take It To Them Anyway. Them Doing The Right Thing By Taking Care Of A Customer Shouldn't Expire Based On A Few Days. The Fret Ends Have Been Filed At Too Much Of An Angle IMO.

Last edited:
Back