New S2 Studio!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by DreamTheaterRules, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Paul is very cut and dry about these sort of things. I remember and interview with him, where he was asked about a certain product and he stated that it wasn’t widely well received (bad grammar I know!) and they stopped production.

He’s very plain speaking! Which is a quality I admire.

He’s passionate, but his business acumen won’t let him flood the market with something that isn’t gonna sell.

It’s also shrewd to make a limited run :D

2. Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker New Member

I like it. Good take on a strat style guitar. Never was crazy about the Studio name....

markd21 likes this.
  3. drdoom8793

drdoom8793 THAT guy at Chick-fil-A

Really excited about this. I always loved the previous iteration with the NF pickups, but it has always been a bit out of my reach financially. Hoping the wife will let me nab one of these. I do have a bonus coming up at work... :rolleyes:

4. markd21

markd21 New Member

I decided this morning, after watching the demo again....I WILL have one of these!!! I LOVE the S2 Standard 22 anyway (to the point of wondering if they'd do a PS version for me, lol - I have some 'tweaks' I'd love to see). This "Studio" version would be a more than WONDRFUL addition to the family. Now, I just need to decide on a color before I order....

5. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenführer

It's better than nothing, that's my take on it. Now I can get one.

6. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

7. garrett

garrett Not a New Member

There is a lot to consider when bringing a model into normal production. These limited runs front load the demand so they can plan production to match and be profitable. They have shown in the past that if a limited run bodes well for normal production, they will make the transition.

dogrocketp and Alnus Rubra like this.
  8. Glide-bpm

Glide-bpm aCk!!! Thbfftt!!! :P

Looking very very very tempting to me...... aCk!!! o_O:eek::D:cool:

9. toothace

toothace At least I'm good at dentistry

VERY tempting...

I dig the blue( of course!) but that white is so classic looking...

10. Audie

Audie New Member

That is exactly what I was thinking until I went to the spec page and saw the one in McCarty Tobacco Sunburst! It is so good looking! I must be patient though and wait for NAMM to see what else may come about!

dogrocketp likes this.
  11. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

Looks interesting! I don't think I'll buy one now, but these should show up on the used market eventually...

Glide-bpm likes this.
  12. garrett

garrett Not a New Member

That Frost Green weakens my resolve a bit.

DreamsiclesPlz and Glide-bpm like this.
  13. markd21

markd21 New Member

My dilemma as well....do I want the blue, or the white? Hmmmm, I'll let the wife decide.

Now, if they offered the white with the mint guard, that'd be a done deal!!!

garrett likes this.
  14. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I love my 3 pickup PS20 Ltd. Love it. Most versatile of guitars, beautiful sounding.

PRS does a great job with 3 pickup models.

dogrocketp and Glide-bpm like this.
  15. cshallcross

cshallcross New Member

I have been debating an S2 or a CE to backup the 305, and this thing looks pretty tempting. That blue! Mmmmmmm

dogrocketp likes this.
  16. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

He chose the name "Shredded Wheat" because it appears "Bran Flakes" was already taken.

dogrocketp, bodia, JonW and 2 others like this.
  17. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Archon owning member

So the same day they release this video, they release the one of the DW CE Floyd. As I have been considering replacing my Wolfie with perhaps a EBMM Axis, the PRS Floyd models are always of interest to me. I saw this video yesterday and quickly thought that I'd be interested in BOTH of these new models.

So I definitely get the disappointment of the "limited" aspect. Example being, the reclaimed vela series... I was interested for sure, but wanted to play one first. Ha, no way. Sold out before any ever hit a store within 500 miles of me. My fear is, if these two models are *that* limited, that I may never even get the chance to play either before deciding. That is the negative aspect of these "Limited" models for me. Whether I have the money disposable or not, I can go play a 594SC, decide I HAVE TO HAVE ONE, and I can sell an amp and a couple guitars I don't play and have the funds. With these, it can be pony up without playing or seeing one, or dont' get one. And fortunately for a few, and unfortunately for a lot, that worked extremely well on the Vela Reclaimed series. Sold them ALL almost immediately.

I hope these at least hit the market to try.

18. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

And 11Top already reserved Geritol, so that only leaves GetOffMyLawn and EarlyBirdSpecial. Names for our senior members are running out.

19. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Archon owning member

Les requested "Sugar Pops"

20. alantig

alantig Sassyless pants

The Reclaimed Vela series was limited in quantity - there was only so much of that wood available.

The DW CE Floyd and S2 Studio both say they are unlimited in quantity, just limited in terms of the ordering window. Whether that window is going to be open long enough for you to get handsy with one remains to be seen.

DreamTheaterRules likes this.