New S2 Studio!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Or, they should do things like this to see how the market reacts, rather than introducing new models and committing resources to a model that doesn’t sell well.

I own an NF3. It’s one of the greatest guitars ever built. No question. Ask anyone who owns one! Know why they quit making them? Didn’t sell well enough. Not enough guys would buy a guitar with non-standard pickup size, and in doing so they missed a guitar with probably the best pickups ever made and pickups that may have redefined their idea of what great pickups are.

I didn’t notice til after my initial excitement, that this was a Limited and only in production for a short time. That’s disappointing to me as I may not be ready to buy right away. But “ridiculous” and “anti-consumer” are... perhaps a bit over the top.
Paul is very cut and dry about these sort of things. I remember and interview with him, where he was asked about a certain product and he stated that it wasn’t widely well received (bad grammar I know!) and they stopped production.

He’s very plain speaking! Which is a quality I admire.

He’s passionate, but his business acumen won’t let him flood the market with something that isn’t gonna sell.

It’s also shrewd to make a limited run :D

I decided this morning, after watching the demo again....I WILL have one of these!!! I LOVE the S2 Standard 22 anyway (to the point of wondering if they'd do a PS version for me, lol - I have some 'tweaks' I'd love to see). This "Studio" version would be a more than WONDRFUL addition to the family. Now, I just need to decide on a color before I order....

All these limited edition releases are getting ridiculous, starting to feel a bit anti end consumer, things like this should go into normal production.

There is a lot to consider when bringing a model into normal production. These limited runs front load the demand so they can plan production to match and be profitable. They have shown in the past that if a limited run bodes well for normal production, they will make the transition.

VERY tempting...

I dig the blue( of course!) but that white is so classic looking...

That is exactly what I was thinking until I went to the spec page and saw the one in McCarty Tobacco Sunburst! It is so good looking! I must be patient though and wait for NAMM to see what else may come about!

Looks interesting! I don't think I'll buy one now, but these should show up on the used market eventually...

So the same day they release this video, they release the one of the DW CE Floyd. As I have been considering replacing my Wolfie with perhaps a EBMM Axis, the PRS Floyd models are always of interest to me. I saw this video yesterday and quickly thought that I'd be interested in BOTH of these new models.

So I definitely get the disappointment of the "limited" aspect. Example being, the reclaimed vela series... I was interested for sure, but wanted to play one first. Ha, no way. Sold out before any ever hit a store within 500 miles of me. My fear is, if these two models are *that* limited, that I may never even get the chance to play either before deciding. That is the negative aspect of these "Limited" models for me. Whether I have the money disposable or not, I can go play a 594SC, decide I HAVE TO HAVE ONE, and I can sell an amp and a couple guitars I don't play and have the funds. With these, it can be pony up without playing or seeing one, or dont' get one. And fortunately for a few, and unfortunately for a lot, that worked extremely well on the Vela Reclaimed series. Sold them ALL almost immediately.

I hope these at least hit the market to try.

So the same day they release this video, they release the one of the DW CE Floyd. As I have been considering replacing my Wolfie with perhaps a EBMM Axis, the PRS Floyd models are always of interest to me. I saw this video yesterday and quickly thought that I'd be interested in BOTH of these new models.

So I definitely get the disappointment of the "limited" aspect. Example being, the reclaimed vela series... I was interested for sure, but wanted to play one first. Ha, no way. Sold out before any ever hit a store within 500 miles of me. My fear is, if these two models are *that* limited, that I may never even get the chance to play either before deciding. That is the negative aspect of these "Limited" models for me. Whether I have the money disposable or not, I can go play a 594SC, decide I HAVE TO HAVE ONE, and I can sell an amp and a couple guitars I don't play and have the funds. With these, it can be pony up without playing or seeing one, or dont' get one. And fortunately for a few, and unfortunately for a lot, that worked extremely well on the Vela Reclaimed series. Sold them ALL almost immediately.

I hope these at least hit the market to try.

The Reclaimed Vela series was limited in quantity - there was only so much of that wood available.

The DW CE Floyd and S2 Studio both say they are unlimited in quantity, just limited in terms of the ordering window. Whether that window is going to be open long enough for you to get handsy with one remains to be seen.

Back