New PRS photo on JMayer instagram

djlee8807

[malware link removed]

Any guesses as to what this might be? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm singlecut electronics in a doublecut... Either a John Mayer sig or something new entirely!
I was thinking about that the other day. I was wondering if there was enough room to put the pickup switch on the upper bout on a Custom to give the electronics more of an SC/LP feel. That definitely answers my question.

I see a trem bar in the packaging, but there is no trem plate on the back ? I'm totally confused here.
Definitely a four knob setup with that rear plate size/shape.

Last edited:
As I understand, the previous guitar was made so JM could do all the Jerry Garcia tones for the Dead and Company tour. This guitar should be what is going to be the actual JM Signature. He is going to record his new album in January with the same gang as Continuum.

Definitely interested to see the front of that guy. I'm also a little confused about the Trem bar with now trem cut

As I understand, the previous guitar was made so JM could do all the Jerry Garcia tones for the Dead and Company tour. This guitar should be what is going to be the actual JM Signature. He is going to record his new album in January with the same gang as Continuum.
Same guys as Continuum? Oh baby...

Also, if the controls are set up the way the backplates suggest, you can sign me up if this becomes a production model.

I'm going to throw out my prediction. The control plates and lack of tremolo plate are to keep us guessing and talking.
I'm guessing it'll be the same body style as the private stock Brent Mason. The pickup layout will be similar to a BM except with an NF wound to JMs specs in the middle, bridge and neck humbuckers wound to JMs specs, all splittable with a five way switch that's wired up to the switching options that JM wants. Instead of the volume-switch-tone knob layout of the BM it'll be volume-tone-switch like the Vela or it'll be switch-volume-tone so that the 5way is easier to reach without the tremolo bar getting in the way.
This is how I'd design one. If they also build an S2 model of this guitar they wouldn't be able to keep up.

Last edited:
UUTGRtQ.jpg

vwzE9uR.jpg

Last edited:
[video]https://www.facebook.com/teigsti/videos/10153879769123530/[/video]

Jammin' with Chris Botti's band at the Blue Note

Definitely interested to see the front of that guy. I'm also a little confused about the Trem bar with now trem cut

ditto, my guess it could be a term like Kahler, I had one in the eighties and only needed like a half inch deep
of routing on the top :dontknow:

Back