New PRS photo on JMayer instagram

I don't like it. I actually think that the 3-way looks out of place on the top horn of the Double cut PRS shape.
I did not believe that it would strike me as odd seeing the 3 way up there, since I like LPs and I also like the EBMM JPs that all have a 3 way in the same position...
but in the end I don't like it on the PRS shape...

UUTGRtQ.jpg

vwzE9uR.jpg

I like it! JM has never come across as a single cut guy (years and years of Strats), but I can see him wanting to play with the classic Gibson control layout - it really is handy sometimes to be able to slap that switch as you start or finish your strum to swap pickups.

Im not a huge fan of the 3 way where it is BUT I dont care because somtimes function really does have to come over form and there is no doubt in my mind this guitar is going to tonally be one of the new front runners for PRS. For someone like John to love an instrument this much, with access to basically any new or vintage one his heart desires, shows you how special it truly must be and remember - his is right off the production line, its not custom in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not a huge fan of the 3 way where it is BUT I dont care because somtimes function really does have to come over form and there is no doubt in my mind this guitar is going to tonally be one of the new front runners for PRS. For someone like John to love an instrument this much, with access to basically any new or vintage one his heart desires, shows you how special it truly must be and remember - his is right off the production line, its not custom in any way.

Killer! That drummer... I want him in my band!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, my first post was at 6 am without reading the rest of the posts and seeing the pictures

:vroam:

Back