Advice on CE24 Semi Hollow cost

Dan1D2

Hello! I'm a newbie to this thread and I'm going to buy my first PRS. I'm looking at a CE24 Semi Hollowbody. The one I'm looking at is a library model with an ebony fretboard and quilted top but the price is $xxxxxxx. This seems really high but the research I'm doing says the ebony fretboard is way better than rosewood. What are your thoughts? This would be from a retail store so I would have free adjustments for the life of the guitar.
EDIT: ****to comply with forum rules I have removed the pricing information supplied in my original post****

Last edited:
Wood Library versions are always going to be more expensive than "regular" ones, so in that context I'd say the price is reasonable - if you like the upgrades that it offers. However, if they're not so important to you, you can find semi hollow CE-24's for less, for sure.

As for Ebony vs Rosewood, it's more a question of tone and your preference than better or worse. In other words, it's subjective. Personally, I'm a fan of Ebony boards, and have a few. But there's a reason Rosewood is so widely used and popular. Best advice is to play the guitar for yourself and see how it feels and sounds, then decide if it's worth the money or if you should keep looking

Wood Library versions are always going to be more expensive than "regular" ones, so in that context I'd say the price is reasonable - if you like the upgrades that it offers. However, if they're not so important to you, you can find semi hollow CE-24's for less, for sure.

As for Ebony vs Rosewood, it's more a question of tone and your preference than better or worse. In other words, it's subjective. Personally, I'm a fan of Ebony boards, and have a few. But there's a reason Rosewood is so widely used and popular. Best advice is to play the guitar for yourself and see how it feels and sounds, then decide if it's worth the money or if you should keep looking
Thanks for the good advice! I've heard especially good things about Ebony fretboards on hollow bodies.

Each Guitar Is Unique And No Two Are Identical Even If The Specs And Woods Are The Same. Trust Your Ears And Find The Best Playing One You Can Afford And Never Look Back.

Good Luck!

Each Guitar Is Unique And No Two Are Identical Even If The Specs And Woods Are The Same. Trust Your Ears And Find The Best Playing One You Can Afford And Never Look Back.

Good Luck!
Thanks for this info and your advice :)

Oh, I see it has the stock 85/15 pickups but it has these upgrades: quilt top, ebony fingerboard, satin finish.

Back