New model announced

Nah, he ain’t into teles. Teles are horrendous. Too bright. Too harsh. Too country.

Don’t try to convince him (lest he decides to take back the PRS tele that he has bequeathed to me).

Be a team player, lol.

That's right, I'm a hard-core country player. Chicken pickin' y'all!

And DG is taken...

Hadn't thought about it - the Danny Gatton T would not work!

Wonder if his fave tele exists and could be examined.

I'm sure they do, but the big questions would be are they in the same condition, and would that condition be palatable for a new model. I remember when they announced the SRV #1 replica - Fender said they got SRV's guitar, measured everything and replicated it exactly. And one of the first questions in the comments for the article was, "Wait, wasn't the neck on #1 basically shot when he died? Didn't he say it was so worn it couldn't be refretted again?"

A hard pass but I do enjoy laugihing at the thought of a PRS tele. ;)

I have to agree in my mind it only works with a big name tele artist. PRS tried to get a strat-like accepted but it took JM to take off and honestly its still not a PRS I have a desire to buy.

I like it. I said weeks ago that I think it’d be kinda cool to have a PRS T-style.

The only downside to buying one is being accused of rabid PRS fanboyism due to all the existing T-style guitars out there, especially one by some little Mexican firm called ‘Bender’ or something. Apparently they are quite good.

Nope. Been that way since I was 13.

But maybe my strap was too short then too.

{and yeah, I’m referring to all 3 straps}

I'm referring to the guitar strap. If the guitar is meeting with...let's say obstructions (in the hopes of not getting banned)...then your guitar strap is too short. Based on what my non-guitar playing wife says, you're probably going to need longer and longer straps as you get older.

I have the opposite problem - if my strap is too long, the guitar is hidden. I now have to keep the guitar at roughly the same height as a Florida retiree's pants.

I'm referring to the guitar strap. If the guitar is meeting with...let's say obstructions (in the hopes of not getting banned)...then your guitar strap is too short. Based on what my non-guitar playing wife says, you're probably going to need longer and longer straps as you get older.

I have the opposite problem - if my strap is too long, the guitar is hidden. I now have to keep the guitar at roughly the same height as a Florida retiree's pants.

I play seated so the strappy strap seems to play a very minor role in my particular ‘situation’.

I just need to either have less boob or a less wide tele shape. I’m sure PRS could make that happen as they sorta did that with the SS.

I play seated so the strappy strap seems to play a very minor role in my particular ‘situation’.

I just need to either have less boob or a less wide tele shape. I’m sure PRS could make that happen as they sorta did that with the SS.
I will ask my (not exactly flat chested, if ya know what I mean) wife to play some of my guitars sitting down, including my one tele. I need observational evidence of this issue you have...

As for your "Too country" comment: I come from a heavy-metal prog rock Neil Young kinda background. So I suppose there is a bit of country bleeding in from Neil. But not what I would call part of my normal background, though my parents also listened to a lot of John Denver. As some here may already know, my band's musical styles (originally just "Celtic fusion") are now all over the place due to our various influences, and some of our stuff has absorbed a country-western feel. Last album did have a couple of straight up rock'n'roll type songs though (which is also unusual).

To the point where the other day I wrote a spring-reverb & tremolo-drenched "Spaghetti-western-ish" song about a cowboy that lost his horse, with bounces on the trem (vibrato/whammy bar, whatever) to boot. Now what I want is a baritone guitar with trem. Come on PRS! You make baritones, you make guitars with trems. Make magic happen! (Outside of PS.)

I'd say something like "Oh no, next thing I'm going to play a banjo" except, that, well...I do. It was on a few songs from our last two full-length CDs.

Ah, sitting is a different story. My problem with sitting is that my stomach boobs tends to push the guitar away from me. I use the strap to keep it from running away.

Back