New discovery about P90 pickups...

I've found if you put your hotdog in the shade and give it some water, it tends to cool off fairly quickly.
I would say, TWSS, but I think I’ll pass this time so I’m not part of the pie.

OK guys. You've been reported and put on my ignore list.

Great way to ruin a thread guys.

Pretty childish.

They're here tho. And one by one I'll just keep adding them to my ignore list.
Seriously, I don’t know how anyone is trolling you. Threads can get off topic. If there is more to discuss, all you had to do is start talking about it again, rather than going off the rails. Seriously, just chill and you’ll get along fine here. But if you start blocking everyone who posts something off topic you won’t be seeing much before long.

Seriously, I don’t know how anyone is trolling you. Threads can get off topic. If there is more to discuss, all you had to do is start talking about it again, rather than going off the rails. Seriously, just chill and you’ll get along fine here. But if you start blocking everyone who posts something off topic you won’t be seeing much before long.
he’s never going to see this you know.

On Strat Talk they're gloating about their success in finding me here and ruining this thread.

On Strat Talk they're gloating about their success in finding me here and ruining this thread.

I didn't see a mention of ruining this thread over there. They did say you started a thread here where you might find more support for your position with multiple comments on how they aren't members here.

Who is? The guys who got off topic in this thread or mostly longtime members here, none of whom to my knowledge, belongs to strat talk forum.

I think somebody there is messing with you and convinced you to take it out on somebody here who’s not even involved.

Can you post a link here to where they are saying that in that forum? I’d like to see what’s going on there. To be honest I thought you were “one of us “now and if someone over there is messing with you maybe we send a few boys over to play.

But I think you’ve let somebody get in your head. I don’t think Sergio or Les or any of those guys is or ever has been in strat talk forum.

Can you post a link here to where they are saying that in that forum? I’d like to see what’s going on there. To be honest I thought you were “one of us “now and if someone over there is messing with you maybe we send a few boys over to play.
Sure. Go to Strat-Talk.com. Find the Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum there. Find the thread with over 1400 posts named The PRS Silver Sky is the best sounding, best playing "Strat" I've ever owned.

It starts off well enough, but within a page or so the members go ballistic.

I try to calmly reason with them, they accuse me of making all kinds of ridiculous statements I never made and of insulting them.

I ask them to provide examples and quotes of what they accuse me of and they can't because none exist.

Then I drop out about half through the thread but it continues with them ranting and lying and putting words in my mouth I never said or wrote for another 35 pages.

Towards the last few pages they start doing exactly what happened on this forum. It's all about food and silliness.

The behavior here mirrors the behavior on Strat-Talk and it's clearly some of the same people.

I am not a member of that forum. I cannot post, not that I'd want to.

The moderator banned me for bragging up the Silver Sky in that post.

Last edited:
Sure. Go to Strat-Talk.com. Find the Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum there. Find the thread with over 1400 posts named The PRS Silver Sky is the best sounding, best playing "Strat" I've ever owned.

It starts off well enough, but within a page or so the members go ballistic.

I try to calmly reason with them, they accuse me of making all kinds of ridiculous statements I never made and of insulting them.

I ask them to provide examples and quotes of what they accuse me of and they can't because none exist.

Then I drop out about half through the thread but it continues with them ranting and lying and putting words in my mouth I never said or wrote for another 35 pages.

Towards the last few pages they start doing exactly what happened on this forum. It's all about food and silliness.

The behavior here mirrors the behavior on Strat-Talk and it's clearly some of the same people.

I am not a member of that forum. I cannot post, not that I'd want to.

The moderator banned me for bragging up the Silver Sky in that post.
Hey man fwiw threads here go sideways all the time. It’s nothing personal. It just happens. No one is trying to troll you. I don’t even post here that often. But when I do it’s for threads like this. I’m not even sure how long I’ve been a member here, but I recognize most of the posters here. This is what they do. Have fun and talk about pretty much anything. Even if it’s not where the tread started.

And to add my .02. I freaking love this thread. It’s like my favorite things. Starting with p90’s. Good ones are the perfect blend of single coil clarity and humbucker growl.

And someone asked about PRS using SD p90’s. I think it comes from Seymour making a lot of pickups for Paul when he was just getting started. Paul has often mentioned calling Seymour and asking for pickups to do a specific thing. So afaik all USA model p90’s have been SD pickups. Both my older McCarty soapbar and my new sc594 soapbar have SD pickups. I love them. But I also love what PRS us doing with their tci stuff. So a tci p90???? Yeah I’d love to see that.

Then hot dogs and frito chili pie??!?? Heck yeah. I just made some hot dogs for my boys this weekend. My favorite is a smoked sausage with some grilled peppers and onions and a little mustard.

I’ve also been working on my chili recipe. Speaking of which. There was talk of its explosive abilities. Fwiw I don’t do chili with beans on a hot dog. That should be just a good beef chili. A local store sells it in “blocks”. It’s the best for a hot dog. I also make mine without beans and eat it with some nice cornbread. Or as mentioned on some Fritos. I like some cheese and sour cream on mine. Mmm. It’s getting cold here. I may need to head to the store before it gets icy.

That said for just eating I don’t mind beans in my chili. Both are fine for just eating. But for all purposes without beans is my preference.

It would be nice to stay on the subject rather than scrolling through a bunch of crap about hot dogs etc.

I totally get what you and @Torvald mean. But many of us are friends in the real world and have been for years. More than a few of us have been friends for 2 decades. It is not uncommon for us to gather in person. That comes with a some side effects.

The good news: The official PRS forum will never turn into a sh!t fest; like many other large forums. Too many of us work hard to keep the culture from becoming caustic. Don't get me wrong, we have our days. But this place is generally a great place to be.

The bad news: Threads are frequently playful. Keep a cheerful spirit and play along or the crowd is just going to prove how silly they (we?) can get without breaking forum rules. When you started pouting about people ruining your thread and calling-out other forums, you pretty much guaranteed people would stop taking it (and you) seriously. Just my opinion. YMMV.

We really like hot dogs. Oh! And tacos! Especially Tacos. Pie is its own thing, as you know. For those that don't understand the significance of pie, read this.

Anyway.. peace to you @Lewguitar .

Last edited:
What I'm about to say is "my perspective" and I do not make claims that it represents how anyone else feels.

If I come to a forum like this, there are only so many "what pick do you use?" and "what are you favorite strings" and "I love my new Silver Sky" and "look at my new guitar" threads that will keep my interest enough for me to be active here. There are even less " show your -----" threads that will keep my interested. The reason I'm very active here, is that we can do all that and actually have some fun will doing it. If not actual friends in all cases, there is at least a sense of "forum buddies" or camaraderie or whatever you'd like to call it, that makes you feel like you're hanging with your buddies here.

That to me, is why I'm here. And, it's the reason I actually post something in the 400th "what string gauge do you use" or "what is your favorite pick" threads... it's to make the new guy who's asking something we've already discussed 400 times feel welcome and like part of the group. So, if you sit down with a group of your buddies at a bar and start talking about P90 pickups, is there a chance that a few get side tracked by the ball game that's on, or the one that happened yesterday, or how much they like the appetizer you're eating while you talk, or some woman that walks by? If so, do you respond by calling them childish? Trolls? Do you put the hand up or put your fingers in your ears and say "lalalalalalalalala I can't year you anymore because I'm blocking you?"

If all you want to do is strickly talk about PRS guitars and amps and only have 100% on topic posts, you won't be around long. IMO, the bigger picture is, if that was strictly adhered to here, there wouldn't be much going on here to start with. There wouldn't be many active posters because much of it is done to death. We'd have a few excited threads about new stuff coming out, then a few more good threads from guys who got the new stuff, and a few other ongoing threads about certain guitars or amps, but the forum post count would die off pretty quickly if ALL we ever discussed was gear.

But if you want to talk gear and anything else, and hang with some cool guys and enjoy yourself, then this place can be a pretty good place to hang.

This is all IMHO. Your mileage may vary, and I certainly am not speaking for the group.

What I'm about to say is "my perspective" and I do not make claims that it represents how anyone else feels.

If I come to a forum like this, there are only so many "what pick do you use?" and "what are you favorite strings" and "I love my new Silver Sky" and "look at my new guitar" threads that will keep my interest enough for me to be active here. There are even less " show your -----" threads that will keep my interested. The reason I'm very active here, is that we can do all that and actually have some fun will doing it. If not actual friends in all cases, there is at least a sense of "forum buddies" or camaraderie or whatever you'd like to call it, that makes you feel like you're hanging with your buddies here.

That to me, is why I'm here. And, it's the reason I actually post something in the 400th "what string gauge do you use" or "what is your favorite pick" threads... it's to make the new guy who's asking something we've already discussed 400 times feel welcome and like part of the group. So, if you sit down with a group of your buddies at a bar and start talking about P90 pickups, is there a chance that a few get side tracked by the ball game that's on, or the one that happened yesterday, or how much they like the appetizer you're eating while you talk, or some woman that walks by? If so, do you respond by calling them childish? Trolls? Do you put the hand up or put your fingers in your ears and say "lalalalalalalalala I can't year you anymore because I'm blocking you?"

If all you want to do is strickly talk about PRS guitars and amps and only have 100% on topic posts, you won't be around long. IMO, the bigger picture is, if that was strictly adhered to here, there wouldn't be much going on here to start with. There wouldn't be many active posters because much of it is done to death. We'd have a few excited threads about new stuff coming out, then a few more good threads from guys who got the new stuff, and a few other ongoing threads about certain guitars or amps, but the forum post count would die off pretty quickly if ALL we ever discussed was gear.

But if you want to talk gear and anything else, and hang with some cool guys and enjoy yourself, then this place can be a pretty good place to hang.

This is all IMHO. Your mileage may vary, and I certainly am not speaking for the group.
I get what you're saying. But what happened here is some of the same people who flamed me on the Strat Talk forum started pulling the same crap here. So I put them on my ignore list so I wouldn't accidentally read their childish nonsense. Those are the only people now on my ignore list. You are not.

Back