New discovery about P90 pickups...

I totally get what you and @Torvald mean. But many of us are friends in the real world and have been for years. More than a few of us have been friends for 2 decades. It is not uncommon for us to gather in person. That comes with a some side effects.

The good news: The official PRS forum will never turn into a sh!t fest; like many other large forums. Too many of us work hard to keep the culture from becoming caustic. Don't get me wrong, we have our days. But this place is generally a great place to be.

The bad news: Threads are frequently playful. Keep a cheerful spirit and play along or the crowd is just going to prove how silly they (we?) can get without breaking forum rules. When you started pouting about people ruining your thread and calling-out other forums, you pretty much guaranteed people would stop taking it (and you) seriously. Just my opinion. YMMV.

We really like hot dogs. Oh! And tacos! Especially Tacos. Pie is its own thing, as you know. For those that don't understand the significance of pie, read this.

Anyway.. peace to you @Lewguitar .
Huzzah!

I get what you're saying. But what happened here is some of the same people who flamed me on the Strat Talk forum started pulling the same crap here. So I put them on my ignore list so I wouldn't accidentally read their childish nonsense. Those are the only people now on my ignore list. You are not.
Ok, my confusion is, you mentioned that it was the guys talking about hot dogs that got you wound up, and I don't think any of those guys (or at least almost any of them) are on Strat Talk. And, I didn't see any of the "regulars" here flaming you, whether or not they are a member or strat talk. But I did see a guy or two that I immediately knew was joking with you, that you took issue with. And that is how these things get out of control on the net. You think someone is picking on you, someone comes along and makes a joke but you take it as another guy piling on when he meant it to lighten the mood.

Anyway, I'm trying to keep the peace, not drag this on. Just think you took some things wrong and over-reacted. I've done it before.

Pie has already been called or I'd post some Julie Bowen pics to bring things back on track.

I get what you're saying. But what happened here is some of the same people who flamed me on the Strat Talk forum started pulling the same crap here. So I put them on my ignore list so I wouldn't accidentally read their childish nonsense. Those are the only people now on my ignore list. You are not.
Why beat a dead horse that is only true to you? No one trolled you here and we aren't the people there.. if anything this false assumption has derailed the thread far more than hot dogs. I've personally never blocked a user on this forum and see zero cause for you to either. People have different opinions, if we listen to others instead of forcing an agenda.. Might find out you like hot dogs too.

Ok, my confusion is, you mentioned that it was the guys talking about hot dogs that got you wound up, and I don't think any of those guys (or at least almost any of them) are on Strat Talk. And, I didn't see any of the "regulars" here flaming you, whether or not they are a member or strat talk. But I did see a guy or two that I immediately knew was joking with you, that you took issue with. And that is how these things get out of control on the net. You think someone is picking on you, someone comes along and makes a joke but you take it as another guy piling on when he meant it to lighten the mood.

Anyway, I'm trying to keep the peace, not drag this on. Just think you took some things wrong and over-reacted. I've done it before.

Pie has already been called or I'd post some Julie Bowen pics to bring things back on track.
OK. You could be right.

Over there on Strat-Talk right now, they're commenting on this PRS Forum thread, and I doubt everyone uses the same name here as they use there.

I do. But I'm sure not everyone does.

But that said, I'm fine with giving the members here the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
OK. You could be right.

Over there on Strat-Talk right now, they're commenting on this PRS Forum thread, and I doubt everyone uses the same name here as they use there.

I do. But I'm sure not everyone does.

But that said, I'm fine with giving the members here the benefit of the doubt.
I think several told you that they were not there, and a couple of the guys involved use their real name in all the forums, so they aren't there under another name. I think some people there spooked you and you thought you saw some ghosts here, but as often happens with ghosts, they weren't really there. I know this because I sometimes see the ghost of Julie Bowen, and when I grab...

This is my only forum. I've always preferred to think of it as a hot dog forum, and thought the guitar stuff was a detour, though I like guitars, too.

Anyone who starts a thread here thinking they own or control it, or can keep it on topic, is not paying attention.

Last edited:
Side note: this is the most posts I've ever made in a thread about P90 pickups. All the more impressive, when you consider that I was not part of the great hot dog debate of 2023. So I have no posting stat fluffers in here. Unless you count this one...

hot dogs, tacos, Julie Bowen... we all have our own reasons for being here.
No need for anyone to get Red Hot, steamed or boiling over the weenie stuff that happens in a thread. It never cuts the mustard. You'll always get a chili response.

Anger can only get a person bunned, or in a pickle. People relish joking around. You can never ketch up. You wind up getting grilled, skewered and roasted over the coals by everyone. Because we're all hot dogs.

I really need to ballpark some onion puns.

Last edited:
What I'm about to say is "my perspective" and I do not make claims that it represents how anyone else feels.

If I come to a forum like this, there are only so many "what pick do you use?" and "what are you favorite strings" and "I love my new Silver Sky" and "look at my new guitar" threads that will keep my interest enough for me to be active here. There are even less " show your -----" threads that will keep my interested. The reason I'm very active here, is that we can do all that and actually have some fun will doing it. If not actual friends in all cases, there is at least a sense of "forum buddies" or camaraderie or whatever you'd like to call it, that makes you feel like you're hanging with your buddies here.

That to me, is why I'm here. And, it's the reason I actually post something in the 400th "what string gauge do you use" or "what is your favorite pick" threads... it's to make the new guy who's asking something we've already discussed 400 times feel welcome and like part of the group. So, if you sit down with a group of your buddies at a bar and start talking about P90 pickups, is there a chance that a few get side tracked by the ball game that's on, or the one that happened yesterday, or how much they like the appetizer you're eating while you talk, or some woman that walks by? If so, do you respond by calling them childish? Trolls? Do you put the hand up or put your fingers in your ears and say "lalalalalalalalala I can't year you anymore because I'm blocking you?"

If all you want to do is strickly talk about PRS guitars and amps and only have 100% on topic posts, you won't be around long. IMO, the bigger picture is, if that was strictly adhered to here, there wouldn't be much going on here to start with. There wouldn't be many active posters because much of it is done to death. We'd have a few excited threads about new stuff coming out, then a few more good threads from guys who got the new stuff, and a few other ongoing threads about certain guitars or amps, but the forum post count would die off pretty quickly if ALL we ever discussed was gear.

But if you want to talk gear and anything else, and hang with some cool guys and enjoy yourself, then this place can be a pretty good place to hang.

This is all IMHO. Your mileage may vary, and I certainly am not speaking for the group.
Yeah this is basically what I was trying to say. Just done much better. This place is just like a bunch of cool guys hanging out. Shooting the breeze and enjoying being part of the PRS family. :)

You'll find this is not like the other forums. There are people who have been friends for years, some who have met in person. But there is no inner circle.

472A3B55AF6A45B89A85D218376A36E8_8.jpg

You'll find this is not like the other forums. There are people who have been friends for years, some who have met in person. But there is no inner circle.

Some of us are still trying to get in the outer circle. Baby steps.

The word 'wiener' is named from the city 'Vienna' which in German is 'Wien' but pronounced 'Veen'. Go figure. But you can see where this is going.

The wiener was originally called the 'Veener'. Americans never quite got their 'Veener' pronunciation quite right. How could they? It's a f#cking 'W' not a 'V'.

But Germans are highly unlikely to rethink their linguistics. And we aren't giving up our version of the 'W'.

So here we are, stuck in an endless loop of weener vs veneer, and who can say which is right at this point?

We English speakers took words and syntax from German, threw in some Latin, French and other languages' words, mispronounced them all, and said "Screw it, we're just calling this stuff English, deal with it."

I venture no opinion on the many points of view this topic might represent. How could I? When I was a kid people just pointed and said, "Oot Oot Gark." We didn't actually have language.

You'll all be very Happy to learn that as is the case with the Veener, the Hamburger was so named because immigrants coming to America could buy meat patties in Hamburg, the home of the Hamburg-American line. Millions of 19th C. immigrants from Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Germany, Austria, etc., who traveled on that line came in the Steerage class, where they prepared their own food on little cookstoves the line provided.

There were no restaurants in the cheap seats.

But I guess they decided the little patties were tasty when cooked.

And thus started an American food tradition: The 'Veener' and the 'Hamburger', the most quintessentially American of foods, neither of which originated in America, and both of which are named for Central European cities, are now an American tradition.

My gosh, if the hot dog and the hamburger don't convince you that immigration built America, fergodsakes think about the Pizza!

OK, I know. This is pretty dull info. But here's why it's useful:

Let's say you're having friends over for barbecue. You've grilled dogs and burgers, but that was hours ago, and the guests are overstaying their welcome. You now have the solution.

Just start going on and on about the etymology of the wiener and the hamburger and watch them head for the door en masse!! ;)

Last edited:
You'll all be very Happy to learn that as is the case with the Veener, the Hamburger was so named because immigrants coming to America could buy meat patties in Hamburg, the home of the Hamburg-American line. Millions of 19th C. immigrants from Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Germany, Austria, etc., who traveled on that line came in the Steerage class, where they prepared their own food on little cookstoves the line provided.

Entirely false.

Everyone knows the hamburger was invented by Ronald McDonald and his wife Wendy. And we all know Ronald died from that thyroid connection that caused him to gain so much weight his detractors started calling him Big Mac, and later Burger King. I mean, c'mon - tying him to Henry VIII just because he had his wife beheaded? And then Wendy's was founded as part of the settlement with his wife's family, but that's a completely different story. (Obligatory guitar tie-in: That famous Wendy's desert was originally a regional promotion with Albert Collins as the spokesman, thus the name. And much more successful than the James Dean/Smashburger promotion.)

Entirely false.

Everyone knows the hamburger was invented by Ronald McDonald and his wife Wendy. And we all know Ronald died from that thyroid connection that caused him to gain so much weight his detractors started calling him Big Mac, and later Burger King. I mean, c'mon - tying him to Henry VIII just because he had his wife beheaded? And then Wendy's was founded as part of the settlement with his wife's family, but that's a completely different story. (Obligatory guitar tie-in: That famous Wendy's desert was originally a regional promotion with Albert Collins as the spokesman, thus the name. And much more successful than the James Dean/Smashburger promotion.)
Well, if you're going that route, you're a little confused. Biurger King slid into the White Castle with Wendy. Ronald McDonald got sophisticated, went seriously upscale, and invented the 'Big Mec' for Petit Trois in LA.

Big Boy got lost and is currently working the counter at In-N-Out Burger. All Five Guys eat there, too. But all of this hamburger history isn't really getting to the meat of the problem, which is that the hamburger is not a chili dog, which is the pinnacle of the 7 basic food group pyramid.

As we all know, the 7 basic food groups are chili dogs, tacos, pizza, hamburgers, martinis, chocolate bars, and - let's not forget because it's important for the health of growing children as well as the maintenance of the dental profession - Coca-Cola.

@Lewguitar i will give you the benefit of my experience here.

The kindness that has been extended to me is out of this world. My friends, not on here, still don’t believe that some of the forum members sent me a guitar!

The kindness also extends to the sharing of the wealth of knowledge here, good thoughts when we’re down and things aren’t going so well in life.

We lost a forum brother last year and I still have a tear in my eye when I see their posts.

I can assure you that no one here meant any ill will. Hang around a bit and you will see the good natured banter that goes on.

Threads get de-railed all the while with no malice intended. I believe that this is what has happened here.

You’re a top dude, that has a lot of knowledge to share, I’m sure. Don’t let a bad experience on another forum cloud your judgement of the good folk here.

Hope you stick around.

The word 'wiener' is named from the city 'Vienna' which in German is 'Wien' but pronounced 'Veen'. Go figure. But you can see where this is going.

The wiener was originally called the 'Veener'. Americans never quite got their 'Veener' pronunciation quite right. How could they? It's a f#cking 'W' not a 'V'.

But Germans are highly unlikely to rethink their linguistics. And we aren't giving up our version of the 'W'.

So here we are, stuck in an endless loop of weener vs veneer, and who can say which is right at this point?

We English speakers took words and syntax from German, threw in some Latin, French and other languages' words, mispronounced them all, and said "Screw it, we're just calling this stuff English, deal with it."

I venture no opinion on the many points of view this topic might represent. How could I? When I was a kid people just pointed and said, "Oot Oot Gark." We didn't actually have language.

There were no restaurants in the cheap seats.

But I guess they decided the little patties were tasty when cooked.

And thus started an American food tradition: The 'Veener' and the 'Hamburger', the most quintessentially American of foods, neither of which originated in America, and both of which are named for Central European cities, are now an American tradition.

My gosh, if the hot dog and the hamburger don't convince you that immigration built America, fergodsakes think about the Pizza!

OK, I know. This is pretty dull info. But here's why it's useful:

Let's say you're having friends over for barbecue. You've grilled dogs and burgers, but that was hours ago, and the guests are overstaying their welcome. You now have the solution.

Just start going on and on about the etymology of the wiener and the hamburger and watch them head for the door en masse!! ;)
If I'm following this correctly then when PRS sells hotdogs and SE guitars in Germany the V and W are reversed.

Yes I'd like a PRS Veener with everything. That SE PRS has a nice Weneer.

Das es vild!

Back