New discovery about P90 pickups...

Why are you guys ruining this thread talking about hot dogs?

Are you from Strat-Talk or something?
So since you both answered with a thumb up does that mean you are members of Strat-Talk and are now trolling me on the PRS Forum?

Will I have to report your trolling to the admins here to get you to stop?

As a fellow lover of hotdogs, I’d be interested on your take on the classic Chicago dog. As a transplant to the Chicago area from Iowa, it took me awhile to buy in. Now…..love ‘em

I didn't really know what people meant by snap until I came to Chicago. I was slow to adopt chicago style, now.. I love em, too!

what is this guy talking about, no one here uses other guitar forums. is this some kind of internet supersarcasm?
IDK this is the only other guitar manufacturer forum I post on besides alembic.com

Mustard only on a Hotdog, its the Chicago way.

Wth is up with PRS outsourcing to SD P90? One would think that PRS could master that in a sec. Tooling and machine setup would cost but, a PRS TCI P90 would tickle my lilies.

what is this guy talking about, no one here uses other guitar forums. is this some kind of internet supersarcasm?
Not from me. I only post on the PRS Forum.

I briefly joined Strat Talk, because I am a Strat player as well as a PRS player and for a while I thought it was a quality forum.

Then I started a post where I said I thought the PRS Silver Sky was the best S-type guitar I'd ever played and even preferred it to my '63 Strat.

The Strat Talk community went ballistic! The trolls came at me from all directions.

Eventually I asked that my account there be deleted and initially the admin wouldn't do it.

So I just quit posting there and stopped sharing for a while. However, some members started writing me and told me that they found my knowledge about pickup design and such useful and asked me to return to posting.

So for a week or so I did. But the trolls there hammered me again and eventually the moderator there deleted my profile by banning me.

Interestingly, he then started a post of his own asking for details about the Silver Sky from members who actually owned one, because he was considering purchasing one for himself.

Anyways, they're still slamming me on Strat Talk and now they've come over here to the PRS Forum to attempt to derail the threads I've started here.

I think you can all see that I am a reasonably polite and reasonably knowledgeable guy.

Not a troll. I don't insult people. I just try to share what I've learned over the last 73 years of living and 60 years of playing and working on my guitars.

I briefly joined Strat Talk, because I am a Strat player as well as a PRS player and for a while I thought it was a quality forum.

Then I started a post where I said I thought the PRS Silver Sky was the best S-type guitar I'd ever played and even preferred it to my '63 Strat.

The Strat Talk community went ballistic! The trolls came at me from all directions.

Eventually I asked that my account there be deleted and initially the admin wouldn't do it.

So I just quit posting there and stopped sharing for a while. However, some members started writing me and told me that they found my knowledge about pickup design and such useful and asked me to return to posting.

So for a week or so I did. But the trolls there hammered me again and eventually the moderator there deleted my profile by banning me.

Interestingly, he then started a post of his own asking for details about the Silver Sky from members who actually owned one, because he was considering purchasing one for himself.

Anyways, they're still slamming me on Strat Talk and now they've come over here to the PRS Forum to attempt to derail the threads I've started here.

I think you can all see that I am a reasonably polite and reasonably knowledgeable guy.

Not a troll. I don't insult people. I just try to share what I've learned over the last 73 years of living and 60 years of playing and working on my guitars.
if they are i haven’t noticed, no one at the prs forum is threatened by a prs being better than a fender. it is sometimes more about regional food than strats, don’t take it personal.

Not entirely accurate and not entirely wrong but there's a 74 page thread of reading if anyone is interested.. Honestly, if someone came to a PRS Forum raving about a Fender and it's superiority to a PRS it probably wouldn't be very well recieved either.

Sure, we got off topic, and believe me it happens around here.. but it's in good fun and no way was a troll. This is a chill place and we're just having fun. There's also quite a few of us in the Chicagoland area and Midwest, we love our dogs!

Not entirely accurate and not entirely wrong but there's a 74 page thread of reading if anyone is interested.. Honestly, if someone came to a PRS Forum raving about a Fender and it's superiority to a PRS it probably wouldn't be very well recieved either.

Sure, we got off topic, and believe me it happens around here.. but it's in good fun and no way was a troll. This is a chill place and we're just having fun. There's also quite a few of us in the Chicagoland area and Midwest, we love our dogs!
Well said.

Back