new pickups for my 07 core Mira

Summer

I'm tired of the 85/15's pickups in my 07 Mira. I have several guitars, none with P 90's so I'm interested in a set of noiseless P90's for my Mira. I'm considering the Lindy Fralin noiseless P90's. Can you all confirm that decision or offer other noiseless P90 suggestions? thx

BKPs? I have Wolftone P90’s in my 25th Anni Mira, I had PRails in my Mira X, and I did 57/08’s in my other core Mira’s.

xQkFR0h.jpg

Krne5gO.jpg

Never heard of Wolftones, will check them out. Have of course always known of Fralin but never owned any of them.
Thanks

You can't go wrong with Fralin. You can actually call him and tell him what you are looking for and he will custom wind you a set. If you don't like them you can send them back with a description of what you didn't like and he will adjust them. He is pretty liberal about this and is willing to do it a few times to get them where you want them. I have had him wind me a couple of sets of pickups and he hit it out of the park both times. I didn't have any need to send them back for adjustments.

I've worked with Lindy and have a few sets of custom wounds , he knows his stuff . Seymour's " Silencer" P90's are worth a look .. remember he made the soapy's for PRS. or .. Jason Lollar's his new noisless DC 90 , I have a set of his regular soapies and they are sublime ..

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with Fralin. You can actually call him and tell him what you are looking for and he will custom wind you a set. If you don't like them you can send them back with a description of what you didn't like and he will adjust them. He is pretty liberal about this and is willing to do it a few times to get them where you want them. I have had him wind me a couple of sets of pickups and he hit it out of the park both times. I didn't have any need to send them back for adjustments.
Ok. Who do I ask for, Mr Fralin himself? I assumed that had a fairly standard set of
P90’s but if they wanna discuss it, sure.
Thank you.

Are you're looking for H90 since you tried 8515 in there? I went through a big humbucker sized P90 phase. Tried tons of them. The Fralin noiseless H90s were definitely my favorite.

If regular P90 Wolf would be my go to or Fralin.

Ok. Who do I ask for, Mr Fralin himself? I assumed that had a fairly standard set of
P90’s but if they wanna discuss it, sure.
Thank you.
You don't have to discuss it with him if you think his standard set will work for you. You only need to call him if you want something custom. He is the guy that answers the phone many times. If he doesn't you can ask for him.

Not sure what H90’s are cuz I’ve not really researched, just have heard people discuss how great the Frailin noiseless P90’s are.
The PRS 85/15 pickups are my favorite pickups of all time, however the s set don’t sound anywhere near as good. Wanna try the noiseless P90.

Not sure what H90’s are cuz I’ve not really researched, just have heard people discuss how great the Frailin noiseless P90’s are.
The PRS 85/15 pickups are my favorite pickups of all time, however the s set don’t sound anywhere near as good. Wanna try the noiseless P90.

The challenge is you’re not going to fit a P90 in a HB cavity. H90 is a Humbucker sized P90

I have Fralin's in my SE CU24 and love them. I also had a tele for a while that had Fralin's in it. I would get asked a lot of the pickups because it sounded so good. I don't have any experience with his p90 and h90's though.

It has prs 85/15 “s” pickups in it. Awful pickups. The real deal are 85/15’s which 2 of my core PRS’s have, they are awesome.
Wanna try a noiseless P90.

It has prs 85/15 “s” pickups in it. Awful pickups. The real deal are 85/15’s which 2 of my core PRS’s have, they are awesome.
Wanna try a noiseless P90.

Well, Mira pickups are uncovered 245’s. Some people like them a lot, I wasn’t a fan personally. PAF style pickups in the core Mira are fantastic.

UQx1Z5c.jpg

843XRYW.jpg

yt1rFoN.jpg

Mira pickups sound better in darker guitars like my DGT and SCT , I Mira I liked the best had 57/08s in it and I bet McCartys would work well also
In fact I have a guitar that could really use a set of Mira pickups :)

Back