New discovery about P90 pickups...

I f#cking love hot dogs. I could eat one for every meal if I was allowed to.

But once you've approached your time limit on the planet, they tell you the party's over, and make you eat vegetables.

That's why I have olive soup a few times a week. Some folks refer to that as a martini, but I know better. ;)

Incidentally there's also an FDA rat poop limit in peanut butter.
As a fellow lover of hotdogs, I’d be interested on your take on the classic Chicago dog. As a transplant to the Chicago area from Iowa, it took me awhile to buy in. Now…..love ‘em

As a fellow lover of hotdogs, I’d be interested on your take on the classic Chicago dog. As a transplant to the Chicago area from Iowa, it took me awhile to buy in. Now…..love ‘em
I'm more of a classic Detroit chili dog kind of guy.

But I'm a friend of all hot dogs, and the Chicago dogs are pretty good! I'm certainly not turning up my nose at them!

Would you eat chili dogs with a woman you plan to get down with on a Valentines Day date?

Before going on a boat?

While wearing white linen?

Before a hike?
Yes to all!

Because I am savvy enough to strategically deploy the following:

(Assuming the date doesn't involve drinking, in which case all bets are off) Breath mints and.or toothbrushes/toothpaste; and,

Dramamine; and,

Napkins; and,

Antacids.

You realize that these very same questions might arise when having a taco, right?

Yes to all!

Because I am savvy enough to strategically deploy the following:

(Assuming the date doesn't involve drinking, in which case all bets are off) Breath mints and.or toothbrushes/toothpaste; and,

Dramamine; and,

Napkins; and,

Antacids.

You realize that these very same questions might arise when having a taco, right?
I mean, maybe, but a taco is still a step down in terms of danger.

Chili dogs (which are delicious BTW, I’m not ragging on them) are in a different classification of messy foods, up there with sloppy joes and bbq ribs.

Then they have the added component of being potentially explosive in the pants region with all the beans and raw onions… a chili dog is hand grenade with the pin pulled.

I mean, maybe, but a taco is still a step down in terms of danger.

Chili dogs (which are delicious BTW, I’m not ragging on them) are in a different classification of messy foods, up there with sloppy joes and bbq ribs.

Then they have the added component of being potentially explosive in the pants region with all the beans and raw onions… a chili dog is hand grenade with the pin pulled.
I skip the onions, always. Not an onion fan. Maybe that helps a little.

But...in terms of explosive and messy foods...I think the contest between the chili dog and the taco for top spot would be pretty close. I mean, most of us have had The Great Taco Shell Fragmentation Experience.

NY City‘s Sabretts dirty water dogs, with cooked onions, chili sauce, and Dijon mustard..are awesome! But, I also love the Michigan dog, the Chicago dog, and of course the ultimate taco! But one must always exercise discretion , when consuming the aforementioned culinary delights! Oh, and just to keep the thread moving in the right direction: I love P-90’s…noisy, or otherwise. Also, the classic mid 60’s mini-humbucker is a winner! I have a set on my Les Paul special, and they can cover any style you can throw at them.

Back