New buds

Lola

❤️guitar
My Monster wireless gave up the ghost. Tried everything to fix but they have seen their day.

Any recommendations? I have a budget of $200. There are so many out there. I have read a ton of reviews and now am confused.

I am looking for something with a nice bass.

I bought a set of Samsung buds with my latest phone. They had a deal where I got them at a discount at the time of buying the phone. They sound pretty darn good. They were good to wear at the gym because they have a mode that lets in outside sound as well as playing music. It was nice to be able to hear what people say when they talk to you while wearing them. However, I bought a set on Amazon for about 25% of the price I paid for the Samsung buds that sound just as good. I think technology has come a long way on these in the past few years.

I just checked the ones I bought on Amazon and they are dirt cheap now.

I had to read your post to find out if it was buddies, infant flowers or earbuds. Kinda fun. I’m deeply rooted in the overpriced Apple landscape. I’ve a pair of the AirPods that I find indispensable at times. And overpriced at all times. These are the second generation. I killed my first gen ones by running them through the clothes washer. Admirably, they didn’t die until the fifth time, though they were limping pretty bad after the fourth. The case fit just a bit too perfectly into the watch pocket of a pair of Levi’s.

I bought some Beats. They were on sale and I read reviews that they were overpriced( what isn’t) but the sound was phenomenal! I trusted my gut and am glad I did. Their maiden voyage walking to work tomorrow morning. My favourite time of the day. That and walking home now with these babies. Krokus is going to sound incredible!!

How is the bass on those? I run with bone conduction headphones but the audio is always anemic
If you put in earplugs you'll get higher quality sound. This makes these headphones dual purpose, as many times I need to hear what's going on around me, and others I need escape!

Like the noise dampening earplugs.

Those buds look great Lola. Let us know how they hold up over time, please.

I bought some Beats. They were on sale and I read reviews that they were overpriced( what isn’t) but the sound was phenomenal! I trusted my gut and am glad I did. Their maiden voyage walking to work tomorrow morning. My favourite time of the day. That and walking home now with these babies. Krokus is going to sound incredible!!
Congrats!
I suspect that they will favour a V shaped EQ as opposed to flat, but so what... If it sounds good, it is good!

So the bad news. I charged these up and did everything required by said manual. The right ear bud wouldn’t work at all. I was pi$$ed. I decided to forget these buds and upgraded to Apple pro AirPods. Just an amazing sound. I love them. Pricey but worth it. I just have to be very mindful of the volume. I love my music really loud but NOT at the expense of my hearing. I force myself to turn down the volume. A necessary evil.

There are earbuds I saw the other day for $999.00. Why are they that expensive?

So the bad news. I charged these up and did everything required by said manual. The right ear bud wouldn’t work at all. I was pi$$ed. I decided to forget these buds and upgraded to Apple pro AirPods. Just an amazing sound. I love them. Pricey but worth it. I just have to be very mindful of the volume. I love my music really loud but NOT at the expense of my hearing. I force myself to turn down the volume. A necessary evil.

There are earbuds I saw the other day for $999.00. Why are they that expensive?
Congrats! Too bad about the Beats.
I can almost understand IEM/in ears getting up to a G note for pros playing live on stage, but for us casual listeners that's ridiculous.

I’m in the Apple pro earbuds camp too. Love being able to switch between privacy mode or transparency.

Hope these work out ok for you.

I hope the Apple air pods pro work for you. They sound good at worse and usually great. Super convenient. If you do wash them, as I have done, put the whole sheband into a baggie filled with uncooked rice. It worked great for me the first 4 times! I have a case made by catalyst that is supposedly good to 300ft under water. It is an overpriced hunk of plastic, but I haven’t washed them since I got the case. Too big for my watch pocket now.

I have washed and dried my wired Apple EarPods so many times it’s not funny and they e always survived perfectly.

I did accidentally run my wireless pod pros through the laundry too and they also recovered after a few days of drying out. Even the charging case too.

Back