New boy (UK)

Russell Lee

Rusty
Hi all,

I am new here so be gentle, I recently purchased second hand a very sweet McCarty 594 as per my Avatar.
My question to you guys is I can quite clearly see the colour of the guitar is blue but the Modcat code is CC which I take to be Custom Colour?
Any ideas?

Regards

Rusty

Hi Russell, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried using a modcat decoder. Might get you some info.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am new here so be gentle, I recently purchased second hand a very sweet McCarty 594 as per my Avatar.
My question to you guys is I can quite clearly see the colour of the guitar is blue but the Modcat code is CC which I take to be Custom Colour?
Any ideas?

Regards

Rusty

Seems to me like you'll need to post a couple of good photos here and then we can all take guesses as to what color it most closely resembles. PRS colors are sometimes difficult to pin down. A wall at a local PRS dealer has three guitars with (officially) the same finish on them yet they all look noticeably different from each other. Even the guitar I wound up buying, I was told it was a "Copperhead Smokeburst", but looking at the current PRS color palette they have on their web site, to me it looks exactly like it should be called "Autumn Sky Smokeburst".

PRS-2019_McCarty594-ltd-Copperhead-02.jpg

Seems to me like you'll need to post a couple of good photos here and then we can all take guesses as to what color it most closely resembles. PRS colors are sometimes difficult to pin down. A wall at a local PRS dealer has three guitars with (officially) the same finish on them yet they all look noticeably different from each other. Even the guitar I wound up buying, I was told it was a "Copperhead Smokeburst", but looking at the current PRS color palette they have on their web site, to me it looks exactly like it should be called "Autumn Sky Smokeburst".

PRS-2019_McCarty594-ltd-Copperhead-02.jpg

I wonder if the always name it after the dye recipe used, no matter how the wood takes the stain.

Hi all,

Any ideas?

Regards

Rusty
Looks like a nice deep blue. What else does the MODCAT tell you?

Alnus, looks like you're getting critical mass for a UK PRS Soiree. It would take me less than 7 hours to drive to Los Angeles which is 485 miles away ..... 780 kilometers away. How far would 780 kilometers take you from your place? You ought to be able to get from London to Edinburgh

i.e all of you UK forum members ought to be having a beer together sometime. And take a photo of Rusty's guitar

Alnus, looks like you're getting critical mass for a UK PRS Soiree. It would take me less than 7 hours to drive to Los Angeles which is 485 miles away ..... 780 kilometers away. How far would 780 kilometers take you from your place? You ought to be able to get from London to Edinburgh

i.e all of you UK forum members ought to be having a beer together sometime. And take a photo of Rusty's guitar
Yup. I’ve driven further to clink glasses with a forum mate. Probably will again.

I’m about 480 miles away from London area. A UK get together sounds like a great idea!

Alas, not the whole story. How up to date is the Modcat decoder?

Rusty

If it's a Wood Library, or Artist Package, the modcat won't work. Not sure if your's is either of those. Best bet is to send an email to Customer Service with the serial number. They should be able to help you fill in some blanks.

Back