New boy (UK)

Emailed PRS and they confirmed it is a custom colour but in all likelihood it is Whale Blue or a variation there of

Rusty

That is certainly what it looks like in your avatar. I had a Cu22 in Whale Blue that was pretty close to it. Still have it, but it's Purple Hazel now.

Emailed PRS and they confirmed it is a custom colour but in all likelihood it is Whale Blue or a variation there of

Rusty

That is certainly what it looks like in your avatar. I had a Cu22 in Whale Blue that was pretty close to it. Still have it, but it's Purple Hazel now.

Good to hear you got a reply. So when are you sending it to PTC to be stained purple?☔;)

Alnus, looks like you're getting critical mass for a UK PRS Soiree. It would take me less than 7 hours to drive to Los Angeles which is 485 miles away ..... 780 kilometers away. How far would 780 kilometers take you from your place? You ought to be able to get from London to Edinburgh

i.e all of you UK forum members ought to be having a beer together sometime. And take a photo of Rusty's guitar
Please, just don't call it the PRSUK Users' Group. :eek: That would be a wee bit off-side!

If I was to give someone on here my Modcat Number would they be able to decipher it for me?
I emailed PRS and they said, and I quote " The MODCAT is an internal coding system we use for manufacturing purposes. It was never intended to be used as an identifier for the public"

I guess that told me

Rusty

If I was to give someone on here my Modcat Number would they be able to decipher it for me?
I emailed PRS and they said, and I quote " The MODCAT is an internal coding system we use for manufacturing purposes. It was never intended to be used as an identifier for the public"

I guess that told me

Rusty

Start here. If I recall, there are a couple iterations of the decoders in there.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/modcat-decoders.6650/

I'm almost convinced PRS make up colours as they go along. When the original CE came out I'm sure they were only available in red or black but my '88 one is navy blue. Go figure.

Back