New 594 model

Has anyone seen a price on them yet? The black gold wrap burst is calling for me by name but I might be scared of the price ....

Nice sounding guitars :)
Luckly I have a CU22 P-90 :) already somy wallet is safe for the moment

Dammit, I had my sites on a LaRose Singlecut with Lollar staple pole P90's 'cause I need a P90 guitar. This definitely throws a wrench in that, being the PRS fanboy I am, I will save a little more and try to pick up a used non-10-top next year as the order window for this model doesn't give me enough time to get the scratch together

Is it coincidence that the current PS calendar July guitar has P90s..?

I was looking at it on my wall just today and was thinking "I only have the SE Soapbar. Hmm..." Now this!

Count me as one disappointed in the use of the Duncan P90s. I have had them n several guitars, including a couple PRSi.....They have all either had the pickups swapped or the guitar has gone away. There are so many better options, IMO.....The only PRS I still have with P90s is a "Ted" with Thorn Staple pickups. SO much better now!

The only Duncan P-90 I would consider is the "Antiquity" model.

Count me as one disappointed in the use of the Duncan P90s. I have had them n several guitars, including a couple PRSi.....They have all either had the pickups swapped or the guitar has gone away. There are so many better options, IMO.....The only PRS I still have with P90s is a "Ted" with Thorn Staple pickups. SO much better now!

The only Duncan P-90 I would consider is the "Antiquity" model.

I have some good news for you then - did you read the press release? http://prsguitars.com/news/story/introducing_the_mccarty_594_soapbar_models

Anyway, my feeling in watching the comparison video is that the perfect 594 would have a neck P90 and a bridge humbucker... that's about as good a combination as it gets, IMO. Overall my tastes lean to the soapbars in general though.

Last edited:
Wow that is sexy!

35834635956_9aea8990e0_b.jpg

p-90 in the bridge is almost useless. My opinion is they should have put a bucker in the bridge and a p-90 in the neck.

p-90 in the bridge is almost useless. My opinion is they should have put a bucker in the bridge and a p-90 in the neck.

With P90 guitars, the bridge pickup is almost solely there to inform what the middle position sounds like, IMO.

So P90/P90 is cool even if the switch never hits the bridge position because the middle position has its own thing happening, but P90/HB is more versatile overall - still a great middle sound but also more useable on the bridge.

Back