Is this PRS fake?!

How do you spot it guys? I doubted because of headstock and “flat” cutaway. As i know its curved on all their guitars…also pots…

How do you spot it guys? I doubted because of headstock and “flat” cutaway. As i know its curved on all their guitars…also pots…

Generally, we don't call out what specifically is fake....it just tells the counterfeiters what to fix to try and pass off a more convincing product.

But yeah, the headstock (along with about 20 other things) is a dead giveaway here.

There's far more tells that it's fake than genuine. Heck, I don't think there's one thing right.

There was one on reverb last week that was better than this one, but still obviously fake. The guy had included a bunch of close up pics of many of the very things that made it obviously not a real PRS, so I figured he didn't know. I messaged him to tell him (in a friendly way) and he replied that he had gotten a whole bunch of people ragging on him for trying to sell a counterfeit PRS. He didn't know, was mostly a drummer who had bought it from a 'friend' who swore it was real.

Not so much...

Back