New 594 model

Yes, Leslie West seemed to do ok with a 1956 Les Paul Junior

Yes he did. The Who, Live at Leeds, p90 SG. Lou Reed Live, Sweet Jane, Hunter and Wagner, two LP Specials.

When people say they can't get a good bridge tone out of a vintage P90 pickup on a set neck guitar, it is usually because the pickup is not close enough to the strings. Pull, the pickup, and put some foam underneath it so it has plenty of tension to get it up near the strings.

I admit, that is a compelling argument.

However... I must ask. Any of you p90 lovers ever consider putting humbucker sized p90s in your 594?

If not, then why would p90s be such a coveted feature? I mean if you really wanted p90s, wouldn't you have already tried the offerings from respected builders?

First of all, I don't have a 594. If I did, I would leave it stock.

Also, I don't need another humbucker guitar. I have one GREAT p90 guitar, and this new model makes me want another, based upon its vintage vibe. If you have experienced a great P90 guitar, it is its own thing, plus I personally have no desire or need to mix up the pickup types in one instrument.

Because hum sized P-90s aren't the same as true P-90s. In order to fit the humbucker form factor, the coil size has to be changed, and they usually use thinner wire.

So the only way is the old way?

I could be wrong, but they all sound different enough that the p94 sound like they're in the same family.

Regardless. Sounds like some folk are ready to drop some serious cash on this guitar. I'd have thought someone would have dropped a set of p94s in their 594.

There are a lot of p90 aficionados that have installed p94s in their guitars.

I could be wrong, but they all sound different enough that the p94 sound like they're in the same family.

Regardless. Sounds like some folk are ready to drop some serious cash on this guitar. I'd have thought someone would have dropped a set of p94s in their 594.

The only way is the way. When you change the dimensions of the coil it's not really a P-90 anymore. The hum sized versions can get in the ballpark certainly and sound great, but purists will tell you they're not quite there.

Since I have two SC's I put a set of Kinman H sized P90s in one of them. It rawks! And, I live on the bridge pick up.

Don't forget, you can swap the treble pickup with Gibson or SD baby humbucker. Direct swap, so says SD.

A 594 with mini buckers?
Ohhhhhh Now I really want one of these!

:eek::eek:

To illustrate what @Deli6505 mentioned, here's my SE Chris Robertson. I added Phase II tuners and lampshade knobs.

full
Dang it all! Now you just gave me serious G.A.S.! I would love to take one of these beauties for a test drive but since Detroit isn't just a hop, skip and a jump to Merrie Olde, I may just have to take a giant leap of faith and just blindly pull the trigger of my bank account and hope for the best! I know Anderton's ships to the States but I really don't wanna take out a second mortgage for the shipping lol

I for 1 love the P-90 in the bridge position on my CU22 and my Mira 245 had a killer bridge sound

Two comments: 1) 4:00 mark, P90 neck with gain, for the win! That sounds GREAT!!!! Almost like a fuzz pedal. 2) Both guitars sound great. I'd hate to have to choose between them. And 3) how many did I say there were?) At the end of this video, I was as in love with the amp as I was with the guitars! They should also use this as a Sonzera amp demo ad!

OMG what the hell is next????

A 3 single coil/5 way switch 25.5 scale guitar with.... standard sized pickups so that all the people who LOVE the guitar will actually buy it, knowing they can put whatever single coils in it that they want... ironically also having single coils so good that nobody wants to replace them anyway after trying them.

Oh wait. What happened? I was just dreaming. Did I say that out loud?

A 3 single coil/5 way switch 25.5 scale guitar with.... standard sized pickups so that all the people who LOVE the guitar will actually buy it, knowing they can put whatever single coils in it that they want... ironically also having single coils so good that nobody wants to replace them anyway after trying them.

Oh wait. What happened? I was just dreaming. Did I say that out loud?
EG_zpsrzjblxf8.jpg

I just saw them on Facebook this morning and the FWB caught my eye
I hope this one will be in your lap very soon, Congrats Sir

Back