Need, Want, Bah!

That is a truly interesting Eurorack rig. I know the GrandMother...tell us about the rest of the modules you have!

I basically have too many voices and modulation and not enough filters or VCAs. To be honest, sometimes I have no idea what I am doing, but all the time I’m having fun. Because modules are cheap (compared to guitars) it’s easy to get carried away!

Granted it’s not a One, but I bought a Moog and it opened a whole new can of gear worms.

46635-F1-C-EE67-4133-AFD6-396-DC99-A4-BD2.jpg

Some days I feel like I’m making the score to Stranger Things, some days I feel like the phone operators in the 50’s.
It is awesome some folks here are into Eurorack! Its a whole different way to think about an instrument.

More want for me, need passed long ago. That said...a FedEx deploys today with another wanted PRS heading my way :D

It is awesome some folks here are into Eurorack! Its a whole different way to think about an instrument.

More want for me, need passed long ago. That said...a FedEx deploys today with another wanted PRS heading my way :D

It is indeed a different way to think about music! It started as a way to make funky background tracks to play guitar over, but now I also like to see how long I can make a single note interesting (drones), and like making ambient, meditative type music as well. The latter makes great background music while working.

Congrats on your incoming PRS!

When it comes to guitars, "Want" and "Need" are essentially one in the same for me.

When I want something bad enough, seamlessly there becomes a need for it. And, conversely, when I need some sort of music equipment, it will become something that I set myself on course in order to obtain.

There are, however, things that pique my interest...several PRS models, in fact. However, I can't say I "want" them or "need" them.

Me too, but that may be due to the 300+ fires here in BC.
At least that's what I'm telling myself... so I can sleep...

On a serious note, Indiana was very hazy today. Meteorologists told us the haze is from all the fires on the west coast. Sad state of affairs, and I hope things improve dramatically for westerners. :(

I think about buying many PRSi: an SE EG, maybe a SE custom 22 semi-hollow. But what I really want is a guitar with a rosewood neck, maybe a McCarty, or maybe a CU 24, but that is a long way off.

Maybe some day an Eastman jazz box.

After considerable reflection and thought, I have concluded, having more than one guitar is extravagant and probably a sin.

Well you ken that there’s always a safe home for the crotch Walnut Santana! ;)

And I’ve always been and always will be sinful!

Back