Natural "10" (A Homecoming Tale)

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I bought my first PRS guitar (a Vintage Yellow, semi-hollow, CU22 with McCarty switching) around 1998 but I didn't have the financial stability to keep it. In the summer of 2005 I was finally back on my feet and I bought my 2nd PRS guitar; the beautiful Hollowbody 1 you see below.

For the next 18 months I played the b'jesus out of it. This was the PRS that ignited my obsession. When the tip of the piezo toggle broke, my local dealer put me in touch with PRS to get it fixed. That was my first interaction with a fellow who has become one of my very best friends, Mr. Shawn Nuthall.

Like a fool, I sold this guitar - but not before trading it's gold hardware for nickel. My wife was pregnant with my daughter and I felt the need to put some money away. I regretted selling it the day it left. It's new owner traded it to GC a short while later and I did my best to buy it back. Alas, they wanted way too much for it.

I have thought about this guitar hundreds of times since it left my hands.

Flash forward to last week, over eight years later, the damn thing pops up on eBay. I had to check my records to make sure I wasn't imagining things. Sure enough... this was my old guitar. I made an offer but it was rejected by the seller without a counter-offer. I sent an email to the seller along with my phone number. When he called I relayed the story and we came to an arrangement. I Pay Pal'd the money today.

I can't wait to have this beauty back in my hands. When I get the chance, I'll trade the nickel hardware back gold. I hope it arrives safely.

Natural10.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! That is a beautiful guitar. It was obviously meant to be yours, and if it ignited your obsession, by extension it helped create this forum. That is one awesome guitar! :top:

Obviously well deserved good Karma. Enjoy Hans!

Good to hear a story like this. so many times you hear of people selling a guitar and regretting it, so its good to hear of someone that manages to get one back.

Great story behind that guitar, Hans!

What are the chances of finding one's old guitar on the internet like that? It's an amazing thing, really.

Great story behind that guitar, Hans!

What are the chances of finding one's old guitar on the internet like that? It's an amazing thing, really.

For me, it would be impossible.

Because I still have every single guitar I ever bought.

However, not everyone is like me, and I'm OK with that, in fact, I encourage it - since most of my guitars are used, I need people to want to sell their stuff!

Great story . This kinda makes you a guitar stalker lol...glad you got it back !!!

Not to rain in your triumph but....

I had an 1988 Ibanez sabre custom shop that I sold and have always regretted it. The guy I sold it to still has it but unfortunately I can't find him in a town of 31 000 people. I need to find it even more now that your story inspired me ....thank you

Very cool Hans, She was meant to be yours from the start and the stars aligned again
I hope you the last owner took good care of her and she arrives safely to your longing hands.

Big NGD when she arrives please

:dancing:

I don't know about you guys but I think natural guitars are badass !!

Back