NAD from Forum Connection

nussbajh

So this is how I change away from “New Member”
Had my new HXDA 50 Head delivered this week, and since my kids go to bed early, and wake up even earlier, I got to play it this morning and get loud at 6 AM! Beautiful sounding and gorgeous to look at with the brown paisley. Thank you, Mark, for reaching out to me with the opportunity to own this amp! Here is an old link to when he bought the amp so you can see it.

With hopes of speaking it into existence, I’d love to get a 2x12 paisley cabinet. Anyone have a lead on one?

Any recommended settings or other information on HXDA heads is welcome as well.

Thanks

That’s an amp you’ll never regret buying! On the settings, it really depends on what you can get away with, volume-wise. I like it best with the Master at about 75%, switches at HX/HX/DA left to right, gain 1 about 1 o’clock, gain 2 to taste, eq section wherever it sounds good with your guitar. That is Loud, by the way. Ease of gains or master to your level. I have an Ox Box, so I can get away with a lot here!

You’ll notice that you can use the two gains as a kind of overall EQ, as well. Gain 1 has the high end, again 2 brings in the lows. It’s a cool arrangement.

There was a lot of discussion in my HXDA thread, including some shots of people’s settings, along with pics and videos galore. You should add yours there!

And congrats on your new amp!

I have the same amp in paisley as well. Great amps and a forum connection makes it even better.
I own a few prs guitars not directly thru a forum connection but thru great advice and guidance from members before purchasing.
Thats what I love about this forum, someone has been there and done it and I can learn from their experience and keep my wallet a little more intact.... or maybe that's less intact? :rolleyes:

Absolutely love the forum connection on this. Which I am am looking to move a McRosie if anyone is looking for one. I’ve been doing the reverb thing for a lot of my gear that I sell, but having people you know will truly appreciate it is helpful as you sell your gear. Especially as many of us seem to regret sales down the road.

That’s an amp you’ll never regret buying! On the settings, it really depends on what you can get away with, volume-wise. I like it best with the Master at about 75%, switches at HX/HX/DA left to right, gain 1 about 1 o’clock, gain 2 to taste, eq section wherever it sounds good with your guitar. That is Loud, by the way. Ease of gains or master to your level. I have an Ox Box, so I can get away with a lot here!

You’ll notice that you can use the two gains as a kind of overall EQ, as well. Gain 1 has the high end, again 2 brings in the lows. It’s a cool arrangement.

There was a lot of discussion in my HXDA thread, including some shots of people’s settings, along with pics and videos galore. You should add yours there!

And congrats on your new amp!
I don’t have an attenuator yet. Asked opinions in another thread, then spent the money on guitars and amps instead. I am totally going to try your setup next time I get to play, and will check out your precious post for more ideas. I’ve been watching you and Les post about the HXDA a while and it was a major part of me getting this amp. I have the utmost respect for both of you.

This forum is great for getting inside scoops on gear from people that know their stuff.

I don’t have an attenuator yet. Asked opinions in another thread, then spent the money on guitars and amps instead. I am totally going to try your setup next time I get to play, and will check out your precious post for more ideas. I’ve been watching you and Les post about the HXDA a while and it was a major part of me getting this amp. I have the utmost respect for both of you.

This forum is great for getting inside scoops on gear from people that know their stuff.

Check out Bugera PS1. Phil McKnight has a good YT video on it.

Back