NAD: Archon...and a cabinet query

I run a Orange PPC4x12 with my Archon 100

All honesty I have yet to find a better cab than a Orange. One thing Orange does an amazing job at and that is their cabinets. Their amps can be a personal choice or love em or hate em kind of deal but their cabs are just perfect.

Over the years I’ve tried many different cabs by different companies and many configurations and Orange is always been my number 1. Many artist will use Orange cabs with another amp head of their choice and that’s for a reason.

My Archon 100 with my Orange PPC412 is massive.

I dont know where to post this so i came here. I have a v30 loaded uberkab and archon100. Out of nowhere I started thinking of getting a prs stealth 4x12. What do you guys think about the stealth and if you have played through both the cabs what where the differences and also any other recommendations? any kind of info will be really appreciated.

Both the Diezel and PRS cabs are built beautifully. The Archon is so flexible with the depth and presence. I think you could run it through any cab and it will sound great.

So do you want a Ford or a Chevy pickup truck?

The only thing I would add is that the uber is made for thundering lows as I understand it. The Archon already has that, so the stealth might buy you a bit of tightness and definition.

Both the Diezel and PRS cabs are built beautifully. The Archon is so flexible with the depth and presence. I think you could run it through any cab and it will sound great.

So do you want a Ford or a Chevy pickup truck?

The only thing I would add is that the uber is made for thundering lows as I understand it. The Archon already has that, so the stealth might buy you a bit of tightness and definition.
Thanks for the info man. I did have some issues with uberkab I couldn’t dail the tone since i dont play guitar. I just do it for my brother and i had to take help from one the guys in this forum. Honestly Im a little bitty of a nerd and geek when it comes to musical instruments specially amps pedals even though i am a drummer. I just had that need to own a prs stealth out of nowhere. i just wanted to know what i was getting into. Thanks man

Old thread, but I'm more than happy with my MESA cab alongside my Archon:

I dont know where to post this so i came here. I have a v30 loaded uberkab and archon100. Out of nowhere I started thinking of getting a prs stealth 4x12. What do you guys think about the stealth and if you have played through both the cabs what where the differences and also any other recommendations? any kind of info will be really appreciated.
I have an old back loaded Uberkab and PRS 4x12(though not in the same location). My Uber still has 2 -75's/2 -V30's in it though. They are very similar cabs though, so without speaker difference, not hugely different sounding. Now if you have the new front loaded Uberkab, that's going to be a bigger change. I've only had the 2 in the same room for a day though, my Uber was more broken in than the PRS when they sat next to each other.

If you can find one, a used PRS SE 2x12 cab. They punch well above their price point.

I use my MT15 with one of those, and it’s a fantastic combination. The speakers have a tonal balance that allows me to dial in a broader variety of tones compared to V30’s.

FYI, my Boogie 2x12s can do this...

blockparty.jpg

Don’t try this at home, kids! :D

The EV12Ls are on hiatus with one cab sporting a WGS ET65 and Veteran 30. The other is all Mesa C90s. The two now do completely different things. WGS makes amazing speakers!

Back