Got a new PRS speaker cabinet for my HDRX 20...

If you want some very authentic-sounding speakers that sound like '60s models, Scumback makes clones of several of the classic Celestion models from the '60s, including the Silver Bells, the Blues, the early Greenbacks, etc.

I'm not fond of the name chosen for the company, but the speakers are the real deal.
Yeah. Expensive but probably worth it. I've heard only glowing things about those Scumbacks.

Had a long talk with him a while back.

He knows all the details to get as close as possible to sound of the original voice coils and cones and all that.

Kind of like what ThroBak has the reputation to being to pickups, he is to speakers.

If you want some very authentic-sounding speakers that sound like '60s models, Scumback makes clones of several of the classic Celestion models from the '60s, including the Silver Bells, the Blues, the early Greenbacks, etc.

I'm not fond of the name chosen for the company, but the speakers are the real deal.

I’ve actually been doing some looking at their stuff… their G12H and G12M speakers with the 75hz cones are on my radar. Maybe the PVC models, but with the nomex voice coil, but it’s a little tricky because there are so many options.

Back