N. Se. G. D. I have the blues. Lol

gasmansteve72

Been a long time since I posted on here but finally got a Se I have been after for a while.

An boy it is worth the wait..
Will review it an give a honest opinion soon as I can put her down
But can say 100% that this guitar really rocks an I'm loving the pickups configuration..

Thanks for the kind responses everyone.
Well after about 5 1/2 hours of playing this SE Chris Robertson model last night I was was left a bit ore struck. I'm not sure whether it was the fact I couldn't fault it or that I'm very impressed by the tone out of this guitar but I'm smiling like a Cheshire cat that had its warm whisky and milk...
The wide fat neck is just the right fit for my grubby little mits.
This is a weighty guitar but nicely weighted on a decent leavy leather strap.
These pickups cover so much ground musicaly that you forget everything an just play. Even With my limit playing skills It covered everything I could throw at it.

I'm going to end here for now as the amp is warming up an I hear Chrissy calling..
Thanks for looking be back soon again

Last edited:
As I said here is a quick review of my PRS se Chris Robertson model.

Firstly this guitar was part of a trade deal with a 2015 Les Paul Jr coming my way for my 2012 G**** Les Paul signature T guitar..
With it being used I wasn't expecting it to be in immaculate condition to be truthful an was very happy to see she was.

The fit an finish is a always very good good. Tuners while not locking are smooth an work good. The nut is fitted very well an cut for nice low action with all the frets nicely seated with no sharp ends along both sides of the fingerboard. The neck which is a nice fat round profile is very nicely shaped an perfect for my mitts.. Very comfortable..

I must say the new adjustable brass saddle bridge is very nice an works great. It seems to my ear to enhance the acoustic tone an add a bit of top end zing without any loss of string definition. Compared to my se Tremonti with the old bridge seem muffled an slightly less responsive IMHO..

Electricaly everything works as it should an work really well..
These pickups are brilliant and really sing.. I have a preference Seymour Duncan 59's as my goto pickups of choice normally but after trying the 57/08 bridge pick I'm thinking I might need a set of these for a project guitar I have.
The neck p90 is nice an fat with a very nice flutey responsive tone.. It loves the tone an volume knob to coax the most out of every note. The 57/08 has a very open paf type sound with nice high end an tight low response an very pleasing mids.
In split mode it does drop the volume slightly but only slightly. Tone wise it still sounds open with less mid an more percussive..
The both pickups on together is the real jewel for myself on this guitar. It can cover nearly every style with just a twist of either volume or tone knob an a flick of the selector switch can take you from jazz to blues, country to rock and even heavy drop tune metal it can do it all..

This guitar has so many plus points an I love it to bits but it does have 1 small minus point which is the blue used is like a dark royal blue which covers the flame top veneer an goes almost black out of the light but it does pop in the light. Imho

Personally this is my ideal dream guitar an it hasn't disappointed at all, if anything it has surpassed what I thought it would be an will be kept for a long long time with only strings being changed an no parts.

Big thank to everyone at PRS for the work an effort put into making the se range of guitars as great as they are, and a bug thanks to everyone who reads or looks at this..

Thank you..

Back