My MT100 died!

That sounds like a phenomenon known as "motorboating"--most likely attributable to decoupling cap failure in your power supply. Either you have a bad power supply capacitor, or your interstage dropping resistors are of too low a resistance value for them to decouple properly. Any chance you could pull the chassis, discharge the supply caps and take a look?

The other thing you could check for is a problem with the output transformer. ***Make sure the power supply caps are drained.*** Start by measuring primary leg to primary center tap resistance on each side.

Last edited:
Strangely enough, mine had serious issues when i got mine a couple days ago. First of all, there was serious hum going through all three channels including the clean channel. But the biggest problem was that my lead channel suddenly lost all sound and was performing very poorly. I thought that maybe a tube was knocked loose from the transit so i get in there and made sure all the tubes were secure. Then the sound was back but it cut out again. It did this at least 5 times before I gave up, boxed it back up and sent it back to Sweetwater. I considered just waiting for a replacement but they said that the amp was on back order already so I told them to put it in for warranty repair. Hopefully they find out what is causing the problems. I loved the tones I was getting but an amp of this nature shouldn't be malfunctioning after 4 mins. A big letdown so far.

Last edited:
Strangely enough, mine had serious issues when i got mine a couple days ago. First of all, there was serious hum going through all three channels including the clean channel. But the biggest problem was that my lead channel suddenly lost all sound and was performing very poorly. I thought that maybe a tube was knocked loose from the transit so i get in there and made sure all the tubes were secure. Then the sound was back but it cut out again. It did this at least 5 times before I gave up, boxed it back up and sent it back to Sweetwater. I considered just waiting for a replacement but they said that the amp was on back order already so I told them to put it in for warranty repair. Hopefully they find out what is causing the problems. I loved the tones I was getting but an amp of this nature shouldn't be malfunctioning after 4 mins. A big letdown so far.
When Tremonti said they were targeting a price point of $1800 for a 100W amp, I got nervous. It's fine for them to make nothing on it, but it's not fine if they don't work. Very curious to see what's going on. Your problem is different than the one above.

I Have Seen Others With Tube Issues On Theirs. Very Disappointing To Say The Least!

On a new amp I would start with preamp tubes being loose or going bad , Contact your dealer and or PTC they will get you sorted

From what I heard, they had a bunch of these on initial release, so a few issues is not a huge concern unless it looks like they are QC related, IMHO.

I sent it back to Sweetwater with the intention of getting it repaired but the more I thought about it, I got more and more p!ssed off so i decided to exchange it for another amp from a Canadian company. Hopefully this one won't $h!t the bed upon delivery. As much as i wanted to love this amp, I also expect things to work especially for that kind of cheese spent on it. Sounds like the QC department in Indonesia really screwed the pooch on this one.

Last edited:
I ran across a guy whose MT100 died after 7 hours of continuous playing but it turned out all he needed was a new fuse.

I sent it back to Sweetwater with the intention of getting it repaired but the more I thought about it, I got more and more p!ssed off so i decided to exchange it for another amp from a Canadian company. Hopefully this one won't $h!t the bed upon delivery. As much as i wanted to love this amp, I also expect things to work especially for that kind of cheese spent on it. Sounds like the QC department in Indonesia really screwed the pooch on this one.
Which Revv Did You Get?

4um7Zk1.jpg

Well the replacement arrived today. Huge thanks to Jack Gretz at Northeast Music center. He sent out a replacement right away!
Top notch service!!

Very happy with this amp! It sounds incredible!

Back