My head is a mess...

If I had to make a guess, I’d say something like a custom 22 would make an excellent backup for this, just to play it safe.

That is the truth my friend. On a serious note I do have 3 305's and I think they are awesome. Run mine through a 5:50 express. Great tone!

It’s the most excited for a guitar I’ve been in a looooong time.

It wouldn’t have happened unless a local guy kept asking me to sell him my Boogie. I was thinking of doing the trade for a guitar he had, and then buying a different amp. The more I thought about it, the more I knew that I was really wanting to keep the amp and make a move on a true “dream guitar” setup.

I’m not usually a fan of fancy guitars, loud finishes or fancy tops. Which is true...minus PRS stuff. I would honestly take a PRS in every single color option there is. They just look right. In my searching I found a black 305 which looked classy, but then the sea foam green came into the picture, with the black pups and rosewood board. I couldn’t resist.

Just got an email the order was being processed. I was hoping to have it by the weekend but that might’ve been a pipe dream. Even if I can’t grab it until later next week, I can’t wait. Hoping it will show up ready to go, but I’ll grab some 10’s and do a setup the first chance I get.

Looks sweet! Hope you get it soon. If it makes you feel any better, I waited around 8 months for my first one. My only 305 experience is hearing a guy jam on one at a store. He and that guitar sounded great. I’m sure you’ll love it. Try not to go in with preconceived ideas of what it should do. Explore and learn what it has to offer.

Just picked it up! Missing the case but getting a new replacement for free. Oddly, a saddle screw was missing but taken care of during my wait. Pics coming soon. Plays great!

CqRMWN
https://flic.kr/p/CqRMWN

Quick pics aren't doing it justice. I'll break out a real camera over the weekend.

Initial impressions ( I know I'm late to the 305 game, and far behind most with PRS ownership):

- beyond comfortable both sitting and standing
- LOVE this neck
- Frets are great and have tons of life left. especially with how little I play
- Case never arrived :(
- GC gave me a new hard case for free
- 1 saddle screw missing, but replaced for free
- There is barely a mark on this thing
- LOVE the carved top
- LOVE the color
- Pups sound great in all 5 positions, with the tone knob providing enough variety for me

I'm currently running it into a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 25w combo, with a Carbon Copy, Boss TR2 trem and a T2 reverb for long trails. Glassy clear tones and clarity in chords.

I have oiled the neck, but a full cleaning and setup will be done hopefully before the weekend.

Simply said, I am loving this guitar and I can't find fault with it.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Tone wise, the pups play very well with the Mesa. Can't wait to throw some 10's on it and mess around.

Can’t believe how well this thing stays in tune!

10’s on it now, fretboard oiled and now I just need to mess with the pickup heights to see where I want them. Heard different things about the heights from other 305 owners and how much it changes the sound.

Back