MY Experience.

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
I'll start by apologizing for the lengthiness of this post and rambling on, but I want to share my 1st trip to the Experience with those who have not been able to go it:proud:
Right from the get-go on Thursday afternoon when we arrived, I felt like a fish out of water a bit by the enormity of event. 2 people in particular, I owe a lot to for getting us off on the right foot that made everything go very smoothly....
Jim Deemer and Beverly Fowler - THANK YOU so much. You made me and my friends feel like family right away and throughout the weekend. I can't thank you enough. My introduction and 1st sighting of a PRS guitar started with family(my father) in the early 90's and that feeling of family extended through this weekend by your graciousness - as well as from Shawn, Paul, Hans and many of the forum members I met. Again, thank you.

7996726262_d67858b443_b.jpg

Bev might kill me next year for posting a pic with her, but oh well:)
7996711186_a0bf97b87b_b.jpg

7996712752_8480baac77_b.jpg

7996707984_c82e20e32d_b.jpg

Myself and Mark Tremonti
7996666120_948048edbb_b.jpg

I finally got to meet Clint Lowery. Been a fan of his for many years. from Sevendust, Dark New Day to his acoustic Hello Demons...and his newest band that he sings lead and plays guitar- Call Me No One. I have to say he's maybe THE nicest guy I've ever met. He took the time to hang out and talk with us for awhile, signed some stuff for us and gave me a guitar pick. I'm happy he's got his own SE model coming out.
7996685589_b02827f749_b.jpg

Paul and Clint introducing his new SE:
7996683769_9868e1d2a6_b.jpg

There's SO much ground to cover with all of the factory processes to go through. Along with the clinics, seminars and performances - I didn't spend nearly as much time touring as I would've like to. I told Shawn a story about how I almost came out to PRS 10 years ago, with the intention of touring the factory and applying for a job. So I really would've liked to spend more time at each station learning what they do. In a different set of circumstances, I most definitely would've done that. Things happen that change your course sometimes. If PRS were in the midwest, might be a different story for me.

Here's some pics from the factory:
7996662249_d75c105db8_b.jpg

7996672670_ce7b6e40a6_b.jpg

7996674648_8fbbb97c6f_b.jpg

7996668885_55b0360c79_b.jpg

7996659174_d27445f0f9_b.jpg

7996644046_bac28f9b9a_b.jpg

7996677864_0f933220eb_b.jpg

Tables set up where you can try your hand at staining some scrap wood(not those bodies pictured) - very cool.
7996683384_870bf57dba_b.jpg

I really want BOTH these guitars:
7996652922_b842ae26be_b.jpg

P22 is #1 next needed guitar for me - this looks like it might turn out to be EXACTLY the one I want:
7996642441_89e0a3a27b_b.jpg

7996690062_f0b3e5eccb_b.jpg

Final assembly:
7996686528_1083cf20ae_b.jpg

Sales table. Wooooooahhhh:
7996679886_3c87576768_b.jpg

If there's anything PRS doesn't want posted here, please by all means remove. If it's all cool, then I've got a few others I'll put up later.

Great photos Vaughn, you got to meet some of the heavy hitters. You did make one mistake. Never, ever, photograph Bev without her mask on! :)

It was great to finally meet you and so many other forum members. I had a blast!

Hey Vaughn

I was the guy who slipped you a few guitar tickets and a couple of beer tix on my way out. My wife was in a car accident and I was eager to get home due to the events (she's okay but it put a damper on the weekend). Did ya win a guitar or were the tix even good anymore? Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for the pics!

Great photos Vaughn, you got to meet some of the heavy hitters. You did make one mistake. Never, ever, photograph Bev without her mask on! :)

It was great to finally meet you and so many other forum members. I had a blast!
Uh-oh, I'll expect her wrath next year:creep: :)

Great to finally meet you also, thanks for the free T-shirt!

Hey Vaughn

I was the guy who slipped you a few guitar tickets and a couple of beer tix on my way out. My wife was in a car accident and I was eager to get home due to the events (she's okay but it put a damper on the weekend). Did ya win a guitar or were the tix even good anymore? Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for the pics!

Thanks for the beers! Wow, sorry to hear about your wife - glad she's ok though. No, the tix from the previous day were just for that day(wasn't sure when we talked). Was all for a great cause either way. Great to meet you, even if ever so briefly, under not great circumstances. What was your actual name again?

There's SO much ground to cover with all of the factory processes to go through. Along with the clinics, seminars and performances - I didn't spend nearly as much time touring as I would've like to. I told Shawn a story about how I almost came out to PRS 10 years ago, with the intention of touring the factory and applying for a job. So I really would've liked to spend more time at each station learning what they do. In a different set of circumstances, I most definitely would've done that. Things happen that change your course sometimes. If PRS were in the midwest, might be a different story for me.

Here's some pics from the factory:

Tables set up where you can try your hand at staining some scrap wood(not those bodies pictured) - very cool.
7996683384_870bf57dba_b.jpg

OMG that ice tea sunburst and figured top is phenomenal.....where is that guitar headed?

great pictures Vaughn....It was great to meet you too...and thanks for letting me have your chair in the hotel lobby Friday night.....(next to Jack Gretz)....you shall be rewarded for giving your seat to a SR...lol!!!

great pictures Vaughn....It was great to meet you too...and thanks for letting me have your chair in the hotel lobby Friday night.....(next to Jack Gretz)....you shall be rewarded for giving your seat to a SR...lol!!!
Sure thing, nice meeting you too!

Vaughn, Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet............................. I was looking forward to it!

Next year!

Yessir! I think we MAYBE met in passing, or unofficially but I could be wrong. I met so many people I lost track. Kind of a whirlwind!

Sorry I missed you, Vaughn. Cool pics - great to see things again from the perspective of a first-timer. My wife teases me about how many pics I take each year (only about 700 this year - I skipped pics of quite a few things). The last couple years, I've only done a few areas of the factory in any detail, electronics is one. This is the first year I didn't take a picture of the guitars in a finish rack - that's almost a tradition with me.

I've never gotten a pic w/Bev, but I make it a point to thank her each year. Somehow, she hasn't been able to elude me yet, but I give it two more years before she quits trying and just gets a restraining order!

Alan, I believe we were in the lobby at the same time- you were at Hilton Gardens, no? I'm a rather quiet guy til I get to know people...then it's hard to keep me from yapping non-stop, especially about guitars! Lol

Back