My all time musical genius is...

Yes, you already know this as I've said it many times. And, there is a lot of "showmanship" here and not a ton of his real genius playing, but you certainly see enough here to get the idea. Seeing him live cemented his place in my mind as THE all time musical genius. I present to you, Mr. Keith Emerson

He really could do it all. I’m a huge fan; saw ELP six or seven times back in the day. Three unbelievable musicians. Classical, jazz, prog, straight rock. Sad ending.

“The world’s most famous synthesizer!”

LQyxp96.jpg

This is bizarre, because this came up on my Facebook feed the other day and I was going to start a conversation with Les -

Of those mentioned I'd have to go with Miles ... he played on 1500 albums .. top of his class at Julliard , THE seminal influence in Jazz for Decades.
Jimi, John McLaughlin ( who both played with Miles !) . we are blessed with very few that redefine the instrument and Music in any genre

1970 - 53 YEARS ago - I bought this new ... still have the vinyl ... the start of Fusion , Jimi was suppose to play on the LP but couldn't make it although he did Jam. John got the nod and the rest is magic

Last edited:
Yes, you already know this as I've said it many times. And, there is a lot of "showmanship" here and not a ton of his real genius playing, but you certainly see enough here to get the idea. Seeing him live cemented his place in my mind as THE all time musical genius. I present to you, Mr. Keith Emerson

I'm glad I got to see ELP once, in 1996, opening for Jethro Tull. ELP was amazing.

I can't possibly pick one top genius.

This is bizarre, because this came up on my Facebook feed the other day and I was going to start a conversation with Les -

It resides at https://emeapp.org/ outside of Philadelphia when not traveling for exhibitions. Keith’s other keys and some other pretty neat “artifacts“ as well!

Up1xuBH.jpg

kff9Vlc.jpg

Last edited:
When I saw ELP, Keith had this massive group of keyboards on 3 sides of him. At any given time, he might be playing one in front of him and one to his side or even behind him. And I did get to see the thing they did for a while, where he's strapped to the piano bench and the whole piano goes up in the air and spins around, upside down, etc. He was unbelievable live.

Back