Pulse Of Humanity

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
I have been telling people most of my life that music is my religion. I know Hendrix said it but I don't know if I picked it up from him or came to that conclusion on my own! Whatever the case is, it is the truth!! This song is a reflection on what music is for the entire human race in my opinion ;~)) I think it is literally the pulse of humanity!!!

This is the second song in my "Studio Live" series I have decided to start releasing (first song was also about music titled "All I Need"). It is live recordings of me in the studio playing guitar, cajon and singing simultaneously for single take recordings. I then do some post production effects, EQ and mixing/mastering! The reason I have decided to go down what some may describe as a "Demo" production route, is in part because of the option paralysis I get when I want to fully produce a song. There is always something more/different that can be done. I tried to finish a song starting in June and come September I still was not happy. Considering the number of songs I write (I did about 20 in September this year but only a few in October), I would rather spend my time creating more material rather than take the time to fully produce each piece! Some may think I am being lazy, I think I am being realistic at this point about what I want to spend most of my time on (which is creating and playing music, not dialing it in to the latest craze FX and high production levels). It also bodes well for live performance as that is basically what these recordings are, live performances but in studio rather than on stage.

Without further dudu, I present to you "Pulse Of Humanity" (lyrics are below artwork, artwork links to bandcamp page which also has lyrics):

++++++++++++++++++++++
Pulse Of Humanity by Moondog Wily
Copyright November 2, 2022 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

Can you hear it beating
The everlasting sounds
Striking a rhythm
Heard all around

Can you feel it pulsing
In every human being
Carving a bond
With no need for seeing

Music is
The Pulse Of Humanity
Cuz it gives relief
From the insanity
Music is
The Pulse Of Humanity
So we live
In this species reality

Listen to the thunder
Of every human soul
Over and under
All we've ever known

Those intonations
Ringing with life
Primal vibrations
With impeccable spice

Music is
The Pulse Of Humanity
Cause it gives relief
From the calamity
Music is
The Pulse Of Humanity
So we live
In this species personality

Boom boom
In lifes living room
Ring ring
In every word we sing
Tick tock
On that musical clock
Ding dong
All humans hum along
Ding dong
All humans hum along
Ding dong
All humans hum along
Ding dong

A harmony of our hearts
And all understand
You can feel the feelings
Across bands and lands

A reverberation
Of who we are
In every nation
Both here and afar

Music is
The Pulse Of Humanity
Cause it gives a break
From the insanity
Music is
The Pulse Of Humanity
Cause it gives relief
From the calamity
Boom boom
In lifes living room
Ring ring
In every word we sing
Tick tock
On our musical clock
Ding dong
All humans hum along
Ding dong
All humans hum along
Ding dong
All humans hum along
Ding dong
Music is the pulse of humanity
++++++++++++++++++++++
Submitted to most streaming services (iTunes, Spotify, Tidal, etc.) on Oct 31, 2023 and should be available on those services in the first 1-7 days of November. I will update this post when links are available. Available immediately at https://moondogwily.bandcamp.com/track/pulse-of-humanity

Back