House Of The Rising Sun

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
Been enjoying doing this song for the past month or so. Here is a recording from Dec 17, 2023, warts and all. Like with everything I am doing these days, this is a live studio recording with no overdubs or pitch correction, etc. (though some may question such logic and results)! Always interested to hear what y'all think, good and bad!! Just so all are aware, although the Animals did have a hit with this song, it is not theirs in any way. Nobody owns the copyright on this song (although their individual versions are copyrighted for that performance in most cases).

House Of The Rising Sun

HouseOfTheRisingSun_2023Dec19_01_1200x1200.jpg

Learned that one for my very first band gig. I drove my parents nuts practicing the solo over and over at full blast on my combo organ until I got it right.

Pushing my parents to the edge of their patience was kind of my specialty.

Last edited:
Way to make it yours, always enjoy these shares...another fine piece Moon!
You are very kind to say as much! How is your playing coming along? I know you said you were "cleared" but I have not seen anything on that thread in several days!! Be sure to give us all some updates in that thread and let me know if there is anything I can do to help ;~))

You are very kind to say as much! How is your playing coming along? I know you said you were "cleared" but I have not seen anything on that thread in several days!! Be sure to give us all some updates in that thread and let me know if there is anything I can do to help ;~))

I have not summoned the courage to descend into my lair, it's a different type of stairs I've not yet navigated, but I know I have to. I will update.

Been enjoying doing this song for the past month or so. Here is a recording from Dec 17, 2023, warts and all. Like with everything I am doing these days, this is a live studio recording with no overdubs or pitch correction, etc. (though some may question such logic and results)! Always interested to hear what y'all think, good and bad!! Just so all are aware, although the Animals did have a hit with this song, it is not theirs in any way. Nobody owns the copyright on this song (although their individual versions are copyrighted for that performance in most cases).

You did a great job with this.

My dad kept a guitar in the closet when I was a kid and that was the only song I ever heard him play. I started sneaking it out when he was at work and it was the first song I learned to play on guitar. I found out years later that was the song playing on the radio when he got on the plane to leave Vietnam.

Back