Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
Just released a new song into the wild ("All I Need"). I have decided that I am going to release songs I call "Studio Live" songs in a series. These will all be things that I record live, no overdubs, no punch ins, no extra instruments after the fact (some might call these "Demos"). Just me performing songs live more or less and recording them. I have grown frustrated with trying to get each song I want to release to sound just right. Too many options and directions to go and I spent the last 8 weeks playing with the song I have been wanting to release and am still not happy with it. I may revisit some of these songs down the road and do full on productions of them, but for now, I want to just get some stuff out there. I wrote ~20 songs in September alone, so I need to find a more streamlined way to get it out there and I have decided this is it!

All I Need
All_I_Need_Artwork02_2023Sep29_1200X1200.jpg

I wrote this one on Sunday Sep 24, 2023 and on the 27th, Al DiMeola had a heart attack on stage on Romania during his concert. This song is referencing in part, that exact scenario (but no, I did not see the future nor did I cause his heart attack), so I wanted to push it out there quick (before it kills me).

Should be available on most streaming services in the next 24-96 hours and is live now on my bandcamp page:
https://moondogwily.bandcamp.com/track/all-i-need

Playing cajon with foot pedal micd with SM7B (and boosted in DAW), PRS McCarty 594 HBII guitar through Axe FXIII MkII Turbo (3 scenes of one preset used). Vocals are through Rode NTR feeding Avalon 737vt SP, then into Axe FX for processing along with guitar. Steinberg Cubase 12 Pro is the DAW on Win 10 Pro system. Finalized through Steinberg Wavelab Pro.

This song is the first track in "Volume 1: Music" of the "Studio Live" series. There will be multiple volumes and each will have a theme. Some volumes will still be open and incomplete when other volumes begin/end.

This release is dedicated to Al DiMeola as well as a very old friend of mine, SKZ!

All I Need - Copyright September 23, 2023 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

In the light of every morning
In my mind it's there
When the dark of night is dawning
I can feel it in the air
I can taste it's primal power
Flavor of my muse
And I play with it for hours
Searchin' for the truths

May be the only reason I'm alive right now
And it could be the death of me
The only thing that sets me free
And music is all I need

If you could hear the sound of your soul
Would you play it to the max
If you smelled the future of your goals
Are you willing to pay the tax
If you danced upon a pin head
Could you recognize the beat
Shakin' your bones until dead
Jumpin' right outta' your seat

And music is all I need

Only reason I'm alive
It's the crutch to my survive
It's the shore to which I cling
It's my fantasy everything

And music is all I need

Take the time to hear your heart beat
Listen to it rock
Dancing down your own street
Tappin' to your own clock
Grab that tune within you
You will have a brand new friend
Paddlin' down that music creek
Whistlin' to the end

And music is all I need
Music is all I need
Music is all I need
Music is all I need
Could still be the death of me​

Very nice. The effect on your voice makes you sound like Cat Stevens.
Wow, you are the second person to say that in the past 24 hours. A forum member at another place I hang (and posted this to) said the following:
+++++++++++++++
Your voice always reminds me a bit of Cat Stevens.
+++++++++++++++

To which I replied:
+++++++++++++++
Interesting, may be a sub conscious thing going on there because for decades I have said, to self and others, if I could sing like one person, I would choose Cat Stevens. Always have loved his voice. Now, I don't try to sing like him, but it makes sense that it would be showing through without me even consciously knowing or intending it! Flattered but of course, I am "Miles from nowhere" when it comes to reaching his beauty ;~))
+++++++++++++++

Thanks for the kind words Lew! Looking forward to your stuff soon!!

Great song. Loved the guitar and sound.

If you share presets would love to try that one, I'll guess it'll fit on the FM9 :)
Thanks for the kind words Prina! I am happy to share that preset with you (or anybody else who wants it). I need to take out my vocal rows though (if I don't, the FM9 will most likely get pushed beyond safe CPU limits as on the FXIII Turbo it is in the 70%+ range). I will do that this evening and PM you a link to download it. It is a kitchen sink preset I created and is the only one I really use. Even there, I am pretty much stuck on 4 of the 8 scenes in that preset.

Back