Migraines

I have written this letter because they are trying to cut resources for chronic pain sufferers.

My name is Lola ******* and I am writing to you about the unnecessary red tape that is being imposed on non-hospital based pain clinics. This will have a direct impact on those suffering from chronic pain.

Drastic restrictions in access to non-opiate pain treatment options will force patients to rely heavily on opioids to treat chronic pain, causing more risk for the community. The reduction in treatment will lead to an increase in pain and a deterioration of mental health.

Please urge the CPSO to scrap this proposal back and work with community pain experts and their patients to find a better solution. Please show compassion for patients with Chronic pain.

Without this medical intervention I hasten to add that I probably would not been here now. How many people have to die, have suicide ideology or have to submit to unbearable pain and suffering?? I ask you!!

Thank you . If some ppl know that I have a migraine they will say walk off it’s not that bad of a headache, your a baby suck it up. To all those that say this, this is for you my middle finger!!

Thank you for your kindness and compassion. ❤️
Thank God I haven’t had any in years, but when I did, I can vouch for what you’re saying. They were crippling. I couldn’t see (eyes flashing so bad I couldn’t read, or anything) was extremely light sensitive, throbbing pain, dizzy, and more. And even when they went away, I was SHOT for that day.

I used to get them as a kid, they started tapering off about the time i moved out of my parents house. Coincidence? I think not!

I firmly believe ALOT of various ailments- migraines, chronic pains, poor immune system... can be caused by psychological means. I think in many cases therapy (or figuring out how to do it yourself: change your perspective and way of thinking) could be the cure that meds are not. I am speaking from personal experience, but I've done ALOT of research on this, and one of my best friends is a psychologist.

A man is born gentle and weak; at his death he is hard and stiff.
All things, including the grass and the trees, are soft and pliable in life;
dry and brittle in death.
Stiffness is thus a companion of death; flexibility a companion of life
An Army that cannot yield will be defeated.
A tree that cannot bend will crack in the wind.
The hard and stiff will be broken, the soft and supple will prevail.
-Lao Tzu (the Tao te Ching)

Let go, or be dragged. - Zen proverb

Relax, Nothing is under control.

Psychological means definitely come into play. My neurologist and I know that stress is a factor in my life. I try to reduce it through healthy eating, exercise and mindset.
I’am a high octane kind of person. I am always busy. It’s very difficult for me just to sit and relax unless I am meditating. I need to be doing something constantly. That’s who I am. At work I am what they would call a professional multitasker. My husband questions how I can work doing 10 things at once. I can’t work any other way. Don’t restrict my movements!!

I am my own worst enemy at times. I know this. This is a challenge for me. My neurologist is a gem and we’re focusing on this together. I am very blessed to have a doctor that genuinely cares for his patients well being. I feel like I won the lottery. My GP and my neurologist are more then just your average doctors.

This week could be a game changer for me.
Double horse shoes!

Last edited:
Hey @Lola how’s your hand recovering crazy lady ❤️
Still wrapped like a mummy. I get to take this off on the 27th. 6 weeks not 4 weeks like I was originally told. Then we have to see if I need physio. I was implicit when I told my GP that my hand is of crucial importance!!

Why do some doctors feel obligated to include pronouns in their letterhead? I don’t have any special requirements so I will never ever use this nonsense in my vocabulary. I was taken aback and addressed the situation.

Why do some doctors feel obligated to include pronouns in their letterhead? I don’t have any special requirements so I will never ever use this nonsense in my vocabulary. I was taken aback and addressed the situation.
If you mean why do we ask the patient's preferred pronoun? As a doctor with said pronouns on the top of his patient intake paperwork, I can say for 2 reasons. The first is to be able to address people how they want to be addressed. That's why there is also a space for nickname or preferred name(ie a patient who goes by their middle name). The second is because just as you were offended that said pronouns were there, people are offended that they are not. Honestly, IMO it's all bullish!t and there's a good chance the next time we redo the paperwork that part gets left off. In my 5 years running this office I've had one person from each side of the fence say something about it.

YMMV, Opinions herein expressed are not necessarily the opinions blah blah blah:p

I tried alternative medicinal therapy and it equates to one of the biggest game changers ever for me.

Shhhhh! Big Pharma doesn’t want you to know. They will get there greedy grimy paws on this soon enough but for now they are making absolutely $0 from this.

Pfizer just cornered the market on cancer drugs buying out another company. The cost of cancer drugs will go through roof. Corporate greed at it’s finest.

I tried alternative medicinal therapy and it equates to one of the biggest game changers ever for me.
OK so you gotta' either post what it is for your fellow suffers, or at least message me.... I will try ANYTHING! Had another rotten one yesterday, from 2:30pm-2:30am...

Back