Touchy subject

I know Sergio has his tail between his legs after leaving a comment! I know it was meant as a joke!

I want to thank you personally Sergio. Your comment although inappropriate lit a fire under my a$$. It got me moving on this 45 year old trauma in my life finally. If it weren’t for you none of this stuff would be happening!

❤️L
I musta missed something…

I'm a very bad counselor, but it helped me to exercise. Constant. With everything that counts. A healthy diet. Getting up at 6 a.m. Working out three times a week and exercising every day. Also jogging. And recently I started using steroids. There is an important point here. Be sure to choose good ones right away, if you are willing to do so. I buy from https://misterolympia.shop/. There are definitely good ones there. But anxiety and stuff like that has gone on the back burner and doesn't bother me much

Last edited:
I went through a period where just the thought of heading outside made my heart race. It's weird how our minds can mess with us like that.

A lot of my friends recommended yoga, meditation, and stuff like that, which was cool but not a complete game-changer for me.

I ended up chatting with some psychiatrists over at riviamind. Honestly, they had a cool approach that, step by step, reduced my anxiety levels. After like 3 months, I was at a point where I'd almost forgotten what anxiety felt like.

Last edited:
One of my dogs suffers from terrible panic attacks when there's thunder... panting and shaking like a leaf. For many hours this year because this year's thunderstorms have been biblical in size, lasting 12 hours. I was actually afraid he might have a heart attack, so I got some trazodone for him. Given an hour or so before any noise STARTS, it works pretty well to knock the panic attacks down about 50%, at least to a manageable level. But it's awful watching one of your "kids" suffer.

And now because of weeks of thunderstorms/panic, he seems to be suffering from PTSD... ANY noise he hears that's "boom" like (like even my wife walking hard across the upstairs floor), he gets very alert, as if he's saying "uh-oh... what was that?" He also seems to not want to be outside much anymore, has turned semi-agoraphobic, and seems depressed. As the words come out of my mouth, they seem almost silly, to be talking about a dog, but having now lived it, it's absolutely real.

I wish I knew what a clinically defined panic attack actually is. I don't know enough about the subject to provide anything useful, so sorry about that.

I'm always open to learning though.

I will say old age has tempered many expectations I have about life. I just process things different now than 20-30yrs ago. I'm more accepting of the reality that all things pass. Whereas pain and angst used to paralyze my thoughts, these days knowing no matter how painful anything is it will not last. I think part of that too is diminished mental capacity that comes to some degree with age.

Cool thread though. Haven't read through all, but nice to see people having discussions and enjoying it.

Thank for posting it OP.

I wish I knew what a clinically defined panic attack actually is. I don't know enough about the subject to provide anything useful, so sorry about that.

I'm always open to learning though.

The only "disagreement" I have with the article in the link is that they can last longer than an hour- I've seen it.

The only "disagreement" I have with the article in the link is that they can last longer than an hour- I've seen it.

I have had it happen to me for several hours, multiple times. Walking up and down the street trying to distract myself any way possible.

I also had a doctor tell me about how migraines never last more then 3 days. I asked him if he has ever had a migraine before. No was his answer. I just got right in his face and told him I am 30 veteran of migraines so don’t you tell me I don’t know what I am talking. I told him your bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired and what you told me about the length of my migraines is horse sh*t. I told him he was a nasty dick yes I said she he a new career. There is not once of compassion you. I walk out. You need to not be a doctor anymore.

Don’t me in a corner because you will
Definitely regret!

So it’s August 8th. Sitting waiting for the train. On my way to Toronto to have a meeting with the detective that is in charge of my situation. Finally! A long cry from May 28th but it’s happening. This is definitely a confidence builder coming forward to the legal system after a bazillion years of this shite.

Just nervous taking the damned subway to the station!

So I did it. I went and had a talk with my case detective and things will take time to figure out. He has to investigate everything I said. I swore on a bible that makes this the official truth and nothing but. I had another option but did it this way. Just going over the details was really emotional. I have to get documents as well on my end.

It’s a tiny snowball that is going to dump an avalanche of horror on the accused. I told the officer this is NOT about money but about justice being served for me! I told him the nightmares have to cease and desist!

Back