Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

Definitely don't think PRS will forget about their exceptional quality anytime soon. In that regard, you could argue they are making the best instruments they ever have right now.

I was meaning that these special runs could lead to other cool things becoming standard and definitely not just in the metal context. Take that new string through hardtail on the Holcomb, for example.

Another thing I love is how that while PRS tries to have something for every customer, everything they put out to the public is incredibly well thought out. Nothing is gimmicky. Again using the Holcomb: many manufacturers would just be like,"we will do whatever you want." To Marks surprise, Paul actually challenged Mark in regard to specs. He wanted to know WHY Mark wanted what he wanted and why it worked for him. It was his Sig model, but it sounds like there was some serious collaboration going on.....not just simply building a guitar to spec. Like all the PRS' s I own, this adds to the Holcombs appeal to me; while I lobe the specs, I know I will be getting a guitar that is built with purpose and highly thought out.

Definitely don't think PRS will forget about their exceptional quality anytime soon. In that regard, you could argue they are making the best instruments they ever have right now.

I was meaning that these special runs could lead to other cool things becoming standard and definitely not just in the metal context. Take that new string through hardtail on the Holcomb, for example.

Another thing I love is how that while PRS tries to have something for every customer, everything they put out to the public is incredibly well thought out. Nothing is gimmicky. Again using the Holcomb: many manufacturers would just be like,"we will do whatever you want." To Marks surprise, Paul actually challenged Mark in regard to specs. He wanted to know WHY Mark wanted what he wanted and why it worked for him. It was his Sig model, but it sounds like there was some serious collaboration going on.....not just simply building a guitar to spec. Like all the PRS' s I own, this adds to the Holcombs appeal to me; while I lobe the specs, I know I will be getting a guitar that is built with purpose and highly thought out.

Very valid points.

I don't care what they make, as long as they do it well. I know I can pick up any Cu24 from any year and I know it'll play a certain way. What I don't want is for Gibson / Fender effect to happen, ie: "Oh any Cu24 that's pre-2015 is good for Cu24s." That type of thing.

I highly highly highly doubt that'll ever happen, but I'm one of those people that sees the (possible) negatives before the positives. I'll work on that.

I have ordered the Holcomb model way back (L&M) and surprised to find out I was the first guy to order one in Canada... glad to see so many players have purchased!

I have ordered the Holcomb model way back (L&M) and surprised to find out I was the first guy to order one in Canada... glad to see so many players have purchased!

Yeah, I'm not sure how many Canadians would've bought one. Something tells me there will be less Canadian sales than US. Some of the larger dealers I talked to weren't going to get them in unless it was special ordered, or if they did, they would order one. My local dealer would never bring in a Holcomb as stock. Kingston is a very college/university/military city. Lots of music, but no one has enough cash to buy one.

I'm sure most cities that aren't near Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg, Calgary, and Victoria are probably the same.

Periphery is also bigger in the US than Canada.

Congrats on being the first though. The downside is that you've been waiting a REALLY long time, haha.

No biggie for the wait time! When I saw Periphery back in October my eyes were just glued to Mark's prototype model on stage. I was all like "no matter how much money or time it takes I need DAT guitar". Shortly after I heard the news that it was going to be sold and I ordered it.

I hear you FallOfHumanity as I live in London which is also a college town. Hope you enjoy your Holcomb model when it arrives! I am assuming sometime in May.

Also seeing Periphery 3 times in a row in 6 months. Very stoked!

It's for the best. Lots of good information there, but lots of divas, too. I keep a low profile.

In other news, someone offered me a 100w Archon for $1200 today. Probably going to buy it as it's the amp I wanted anyhow, and the price is great.

It's for the best. Lots of good information there, but lots of divas, too. I keep a low profile.

In other news, someone offered me a 100w Archon for $1200 today. Probably going to buy it as it's the amp I wanted anyhow, and the price is great.

damn, that'll be a nice score!

Talked to the guy. We lined everything up and then he stopped responding about 4 hours ago. I really hope the deal didn't fall through. I moved some money around just to pay for it, AND had to convince the wife.

Aww man. Fingers crossed it works out for you! Let us know what happens.

In the meantime...I can't believe I have had the Holcomb on order since mid January. Will be so stoked when I get that call that mIne has arrived!

In the meantime...I can't believe I have had the Holcomb on order since mid January. Will be so stoked when I get that call that mIne has arrived!

You and me buddy.. actually it has been so long that sometimes I forget that I have ordered it :O I am sure it is nothing compared to putting the downpayment towards a custom luthier though. I know PRS will deliver and I trust the company.

He got back to me, but the deal fell through regardless. The price was fair, but with the CDN exchange rate, I couldn't justify it.

$1250USD = almost $1600CAD
$150 for shipping
$150 for import taxes
Total is $1900CAD, for a used amp with no warranty.

Or I can spend $200 more and get a new one from my local PRS dealer that has a warranty.

I opted for option 2.

You and me buddy.. actually it has been so long that sometimes I forget that I have ordered it :O I am sure it is nothing compared to putting the downpayment towards a custom luthier though. I know PRS will deliver and I trust the company.

Man, I was wondering who ordered a Holcomb before me from L&M. Turns out it was you! Haha! Either way, we have both been waiting a while. What colour did you opt for?

Back