Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

I got the Holcomb burst model..man if the guitar was cheaper I would have got 2 more in different colours! Black Gold Burst seemed pretty killer. Which colour did you get VHTStark?

Don't remember if I shared this here yet or not, but I'm still tossing the idea around of buying on of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEu-KkS0yg

Funny thing is, I like Mark as a guitarist, but I love all of his signature stuff. This pedal could be named for ANYONE else and I'd still want it, but nope.. It just HAD to be a Mark Holcomb special.

$300 price tag for an analog delay though. :/

I got the Holcomb burst model..man if the guitar was cheaper I would have got 2 more in different colours! Black Gold Burst seemed pretty killer. Which colour did you get VHTStark?

Cool....I grabbed a Holcomb burst as well! I already own PRS's in charcoal and gray/black, so I thought this variation would look sweet! Like everyone else I am hoping the 10 top on mine is really figured and 3-D, but I won't complain if it isn't; it is really the specs on this guitar the made me pull the trigger.

In other special edition news: Dusty Waring IS with Seymour Duncan now! He has a killer new SC trem/Floyd outfitted with custom shop 'Duncans and a guy from 'Duncan confirmed he is now on board. I wonder if he didn't like the ones he did with Dimarzio?? Either way, seeing as that his special edition PRS is the only way you can get his Dimarzios and he is now with Seymour Duncan, those will be pretty rare pickups....regardless of how they sound! Haha!

seeing as that his special edition PRS is the only way you can get his Dimarzios and he is now with Seymour Duncan, those will be pretty rare pickups....regardless of how they sound! Haha!

As I remember Mark has moved on from using his prototype DiMarzios to settling down with Duncan too. Also I remember at one point all Periphery members were using Pertrucci sets not too long ago (well a couple of years ago actually) and now they have all moved on to different companies other than Jake. While I am sure musicians have their personal reasons for choosing specific companies for endorsement/signature deals I wonder maybe it has something to do with how companies treat their artists.

Ya, Mark had Dimarzio pickups in his signature prototype before making his custom Duncan's. Like you said, there are many reasons a musician chooses a company, or switches companies, so everything is just conjecture. That said, how a company treats their artists would definitely be high on the list!

Day 31 -
I woke up the other morning to find several old FedEx packages washed up on shore. I fear that a plane might've gone down during one of the recent storms. I had almost Cast Away any hope of being found, but this, for some reason, gives me hope. In one of the packages was a Ball. I named him Ernie. Ernie and myself have gone on several little adventures, and even found and killed a boar. Nothing like some wild sorta-bacon. I think the meat was a bit tough, though. One of my teeth is starting to hurt... Perhaps there's a mobile dentist kit in one of these packages...

LOL, loving your island update posts. damn, you just made me realize I'm on day 60...only another 30-40 to go! Finally coming into the home stretch here...Really wish they would start posting some of the Holcomb production pics on the FB page but maybe they haven't gotten very far yet. But all I keep thinking of is a parody of the tag line from these stupid radio commercials out here for this cash advance company..."It's my Holcomb and I want it NOW!"

LOL, loving your island update posts. damn, you just made me realize I'm on day 60...only another 30-40 to go! Finally coming into the home stretch here...Really wish they would start posting some of the Holcomb production pics on the FB page but maybe they haven't gotten very far yet. But all I keep thinking of is a parody of the tag line from these stupid radio commercials out here for this cash advance company..."It's my Holcomb and I want it NOW!"

If you've got a structured settlement, call us today!
"ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!"

That the god damn J. G. Wentworth (877-CASH-NOW) commercial just anger me in such an astounding way.

But yes, I'm jonesing for some MH Sig pics. Just, anything to tide me over.

Forever alone.

If you've got a structured settlement, call us today!
"ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!"

That the god damn J. G. Wentworth (877-CASH-NOW) commercial just anger me in such an astounding way.

But yes, I'm jonesing for some MH Sig pics. Just, anything to tide me over.

Forever alone.

HAHAHA exactly the commercial I was talking about! Wasn't sure how widespread their ad are. yes, I too hate them with the intensity of a thousand suns.

I know, I just want some sort of sign that they're being produced and are on schedule...even if I have no idea what that schedule is. lol

HAHAHA exactly the commercial I was talking about! Wasn't sure how widespread their ad are. yes, I too hate them with the intensity of a thousand suns.

I know, I just want some sort of sign that they're being produced and are on schedule...even if I have no idea what that schedule is. lol

I watch a lot of American TV. They don't exist in Canada i don't think.

I just looked at the MH sig page on the PRS site... I can't wait. :( :(

It's pretty much gone in my neck of the woods. Next to no snow, which means I get to start riding my bicycle again. And yes, I do mean bicycle. I'm into road biking, like Tour de France type ****, just without the insanity that accompanies the TdF.

Hopefully these start showing up soon. I'm anxious to see these out in the wild!

If it's any consolation to you Holcomb guys, I think the DW's are finishing their run, so it shouldn't be long before we see the Holcombs.

Called my rep at PRS on Monday. Holcombs are in production and will ship end of April/Early May.

He's been saying that pretty consistently for the past two months, so I'm assuming it's still on track!

Day 38 -
I'm doing anything and everything I can to pass the time. Supplies are dwindling now, and wild life is becoming harder to find. I should probably start trying to conserve a bit. A bit of really cool news, though: I tried to make deep fried boar. Yeah, a whale washed up on shore, and so I boiled some of it down to make an oil type liquid. Then I boiled the oil and dropped in some boar chunks. It was awful.

I missed playing music so much that I even built my own guitar. It's okay I guess, except for it doesn't keep tune, or tune at all, really. Okay, so it's a log with a few blades of grass. Sue me, it's an island. But what does stay in tune is my imagination. When crickets chirp, the fish splash, the birds sing, and I play right along with them.........

I need to get out of here! :(

Back