Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

NO doubt, the Holcomb is a diamond. They need to rock the Holcomb 7. The heavier, proggier metal segment is definitely on an up-trend. The H7 would do battle with the Mayones/Jackson/Schecter market and do well. I hope those numbers pencil...

As has been mentioned before, there is DEFINITELY a market for high end 7's. Would it be feasible for PRS to tap into this market? In 2015, I would say yes. The guys who grew up in the nineties are becoming professionals and have the expendable income for high end PRS guitars. They are also the ones who play and listen to music that utilizes extended range instruments. 15 years ago, 7 strings were more a niche thing still and the majority of guys who would shell out for a high end PRS weren't looking for a 7. Now is a cool time to be a PRS fan because you have such a range in the lineup!

As for strings: Infeld Power bright 10-50's tuned to standard/drop D.

Figured I would post once my honeymoon phase is over and the time is just right. I have been rocking out my Holcomb for quite some time now and have been comparing it with my other favourite models including PRS DGT, PRS Singlecut and Fender Jim Root Strat. They all have mahogany bodies (Root model does not have a maple top) with different passive pickups. I think the guitar that gets played the most is my DGT as I love how unique it is. The more I play the more I get attracted to lower output pickups, for both cleans and dirty tones. Holcomb is a great guitar with a phenomenal setup (love the flat radius) but I am always thinking about "the next pickup" that will replace Alpha/Omega. Might install black winters as I love that pickup in my Ibanez 121. Also I think I prefer the normal coating instead of the satin finish. Maybe it is just me but I found the satin finish changes the tone a bit.

now it's complete! Upside down...but complete. Guess I'll just have to have him sign another one!
uOcQMFi.jpg

Does anyone have an excellent condition Holcomb USA they want to sell? I'm looking for a Charcoal Burst preferably but can't find them anywhere.

Back